Smoke & Mirrors

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
Just wondering how awesome these cards are? Magic Box have just got them in stock for 7pounds each, I'm really tempted to get them, could you guys/gals tell me what you think of these cards and also, what is the finish on them? It doesn't say on the description.

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
I think my email made them buy it :)

Hello, I was wondering if in the near future MagicBox will be selling Theory 11 Smoke & Mirror cards, thanks.
Forward
Magicbox to me
show details Jan 14 (11 days ago)

Hi

As we already stock many different cards this is not a deck we will stock.
Sorry for inconvenience.
Graeme
MagicBox

So I think I'm definitely going to get them, does anyone know the finish on them?

May 4, 2008
NYC
Well...i dont know about the finish, but its dan and dave so you know you can trust them..they know they're cards.
I know that the stock is aristocrat quality though.
I dont have S+M yet (bcuz im broke) but I've heard that they are really good. Just pick some up and see how u feel and if you like them, pick up some more. :D

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
You can search the forums for reviews of the cards. I personally love the stock and finish. The second edition feels thinner than the first. The finish is the same. They are very durable and they don't clump up. The first pack that i opened still fans wonderfully. I highly recommend them if you can afford it.

Sep 20, 2008
I prefer Lions to be honest. Normal tallies do the same job. Wonder why im not keen on S&M even though im a DnD fanboy.

Jan 10, 2009
i like the aristocrat finish, they are not the same as just bikes etc, but yes lions are better. Second edition look nicer also. :)

oh and their cheaper at www.cards4magic.co.uk , scroll down in the new lines section, only by 99p but its still cheaper.

D

Deleted member 2755

I've got quite a few of them. Not a fan. I've actually been using T11/E decks a lot less over the past recent months. S&M are no exception. I do love Split Spades though. I am a fan of simplistic/vintage looking decks. However, S&M just don't do anything for me.... I may have my review up for the 2nd editions soon.

-Doug

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I wish they didn't change the design on the 2nd Eds, it really rather ruins the point of S&M and they look a lot worse, crowded, and much less elegant. The 1st Editions are my favourite decks and the ones I perform with, though.

I wish they didn't change the design on the 2nd Eds, it really rather ruins the point of S&M and they look a lot worse, crowded, and much less elegant. The 1st Editions are my favourite decks and the ones I perform with, though.

Wow, every time I read one of your posts I think we have more in common.
I don't like the look of the seconds editions, and I only use 1st edition smokes for me performances.

Sep 20, 2008
I personally like the little hearts on the 2nd Ed.

Yeah, my feminine side kicking in. Booyah.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results