iD_Transpo

Jan 4, 2009
Just a little idea I've been playing around with for a while now. I didn't know if uploading this was going to be a good idea, since the performance might not be at its best but I'm sure some of you are going to like the idea. Please feel free to play around with it and if you have ideas on how to improve it (sleights/patter) please share.

Hope you guys like it.

iD_Transpo by Santiago

Jan 18, 2009
ya i think i got it. it got me for awhile.
correct me if im wrong but i think it uses the dnb control.
nice idea

Aug 31, 2007
England
I liked it but I think your over complicating it, when a more direct version can be achieved simply with a turnover pass, its nice for magicians though.

Jan 4, 2009
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

@navasai&Lents - No, I dont use a dnb control ...
@Gimmickless - I've tried it it doesn't work, maybe the method you're thinking of is different.

Aug 31, 2007
England
I mean just have both cards face up...so yes its slightly different but it can all be done with 1 simple move rather than 3...it would also be much easier to follow in the spectators eyes.

Don't get me wrong I love your method its very clever, I just think this way is more practical for the real world.

Jan 4, 2009
I mean just have both cards face up...so yes its slightly different but it can all be done with 1 simple move rather than 3...it would also be much easier to follow in the spectators eyes.

Don't get me wrong I love your method its very clever, I just think this way is more practical for the real world.

Hahaha, yeah ... after reading your comment I went to the bathroom and while taking a crap (that's when imagination starts to work, sorry) I saw what you meant.

What would your method be for this, i was wondering if you would like to share this with me. If you want to, please PM me

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Too much flipping of the deck. It's not a "clean" tranposition, therefore I will have to, unfortunately, give a negative comment to this trick.

Sorry, it just doesn't meet many of the criteria needed for a good transposition. It's too easy to follow, even through a spectator's eyes. Go ahead and flame me, kids, I don't mind. This may be a bit harsh of a critique but I believe that I'm allowed to state my opinion in any way that I desire, so long as it is neither racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive (in such a manner as the aforementioned verbal atrocities).

Keep developing, use the crappy ideas as the basis for a great trick.

Cheers,
Ben

Jan 4, 2009
Too much flipping of the deck. It's not a "clean" tranposition, therefore I will have to, unfortunately, give a negative comment to this trick.

Sorry, it just doesn't meet many of the criteria needed for a good transposition. It's too easy to follow, even through a spectator's eyes. Go ahead and flame me, kids, I don't mind. This may be a bit harsh of a critique but I believe that I'm allowed to state my opinion in any way that I desire, so long as it is neither racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive (in such a manner as the aforementioned verbal atrocities).

Cheers,
Ben

Thanks for the comment and of course you are free to say anything you want but theres only one thing i disagree with you, I dont think transpositions should be hard to follow.

Jan 18, 2009

Cheers,
Ben

card tricks coins or any other type of magic should be easy to follow. so at the end wen the cards switched its like wait how the. if a trick is hard to follow then they won't get it at all, and the effect won't get a good reaction. have you ever noticed simple tricks can make a huge reaction. for example triumph easy to follow but at the end boom! everything changes. besides wen the spectator thinks they have the upper hand, and you still do it, it amazes them even more. santiagos transpo was a little hard to follow, so its not the best but with good showmanship any trick can be insane. also being fluid like with movements they could never catch you. this is my opinion no offense.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
... Neither Santiago nor navasai&Lents understood what I was saying.

I did NOT mean that the "transposition is easy to follow, you should make it harder to understand.". Negatory. I said "it is too easy to follow"; meaning the METHOD of the transposition.

Here are the cons of your trick, so you now have a list that's easily read from:

- You flip the deck around too much.
- The flipping of the deck is too suspicious.
- Your handling, despite the suspicious flipping of the deck, what suspicious in and of itself.

I hop you understand what I mean now: It's crap. Keep developing.

Ben

Nov 29, 2008
You know it's funny, because i have been developing a similar effect to this recently, only i have one card put face up in the pack, while the other is dealt onto the table. Maybe when i get it perfected i can put a vid up and see what you think Santiago.

Jan 4, 2009
You know it's funny, because i have been developing a similar effect to this recently, only i have one card put face up in the pack, while the other is dealt onto the table. Maybe when i get it perfected i can put a vid up and see what you think Santiago.

Sounds really cool ... will be waiting for the video.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results