Bottom Dealing Need Big Hands?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Hey guys
I was thinking of getting the Jason England video on Bottom Dealing but was wondering whether or not it requires big hands. The 2nd Deal worked fine for me, but it seems a totally different case.
My hands are tiny. Like actually tiny. When stretched out, the tip of the thumb to the tip of the pinky is 19 cm. from the bottom of my palm to the tip of my Middle finger is 16.5 cm.
Although my hand is small, I am able to palm and shift cards with ease. So i was wondering if the Bottom Deal has a physical block for me or is it only psychological.

Jason England talks in the video about how it could be an advantage to have big hands but believe me you for sure don't need big hands to execute perfect bottoms. I have extremely small hands as well and it hasn't seem stop me from executing bottom deals.

What I would suggest when learning the bottom deal is take all of the grips that you learn and adapt them to your hands. What I mean is that every body has different types of hands so no matter how much you try to copy the way Jason England positions his fingers, it won't work for you. Hold the deck in such a way that you can execute your best bottom deal. All you got to do is experiment with the finger positioning and then practice, practice, practice.

Hope I helped,

The Illusionist

Sep 2, 2007
London
If you want to use an Erdnase grip then big hands are an advantage. He even says in his book that the deck has a tendency to slide out of place after executing the deal, which a bigger hand helps to avoid. However, you will always be able to find a grip that suits the size of your hands.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results