Rising Card - Question

Dec 9, 2008
hello,
this is a thread made to ask,
could you all give me as many versions and sources of rising card tricks,
I don't mean rise out the deck, I mean like in an ACR, and not an elevator,
something like daniel garcia's fallen, a gradual rise up the deck, Micheal Paul's UVAC, so as many different ones as you can think of, and sources, if possible.
thanks a lot,
tom field

Jul 30, 2008
Wait, you want a rising card in an ACR thats not an elevator? and you picked fallen. Can someone clear this up for me?

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, here are a few:

Shifty- Chris kenner [ The pass book by gary ouellet ]
Elevator - Shigeo Futagawa [ In one of his lecture notes i believe]
Cheng's riser - Cheng Lin [ True astonishments ]

Dec 3, 2008

My personal favorite is Shifty, then Fallen. I would not suggest RIOT, the gimmick is pretty lame and the rise isn't realistic. Fallen is more visual that Shifty, but it's angle sensitive. So I think Shifty is you're best bet.

p.s.
Fallen and Shifty are both impromtu

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
How exactly can a gimmick be 'Lame'?

And how can the rise not be realistic?

What are you basing your 'reality' on?

Gustav

Dec 9, 2008
Hi,
I know all of these ones, does anyone have any different ones,
and by the way, when I said no elevator styled ones, that includes shifty, that's a chunk by chunk rise, but fallen, as an example, is a gradual one.
cheng's one is good,
does anyone know any additional information about that, e.g. gimmicks?
also is there a different source for that, because I don't feel like buying a whole dvd for that.
thanks for the info so far,
tom field

Dec 3, 2008
How exactly can a gimmick be 'Lame'?

And how can the rise not be realistic?

What are you basing your 'reality' on?

Gustav

What I mean is that the gimmick isn't very good, and the rise doesn't look like a card is rising to the top, I hope this cleared everything up

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
How can you say RIOT isn't realistic? I've fooled many people up close with that trick, if you think it's not realistic, maybe you've been performing it badly.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Youre basing your perspective of 'realism' on your own imagination.

Own.

Imagination. Spectators percieve things differently. Keep that in mind ;)

Gustav

Jan 13, 2008
True Astonishment will be released as individual disks in the future...so you'll be able to buy the specific disc then. When will that be? Who knows?! I sure don't. I've heard figures of a few months, to six months, to a year. It's all up in the air right now.

Dec 3, 2008
Youre basing your perspective of 'realism' on your own imagination.

Own.

Imagination. Spectators percieve things differently. Keep that in mind ;)

Gustav

Hey, I just posted my opinion. Maybe i am doing it badly, maybe my imagination is messing with me. I just don't like it. Buy it if you really want it.

Sep 9, 2009
The first visual outjogged card rising through the deck I heard of was created by Geoff Latta. It's called Deadlier Than the Male. It was published in Spectacle by Stephen Minch. It looks terrific but It's difficult. Bill Kalush does a version of it that looks perfect.

I believe Ben Harris published a version using Tilt. But I don't know where he published it.

Aaron Fisher published a handling that involved Tilt in Genii. I don't remember when it was published though.

Ken Krenzel marketed a gimmicked version of the effect a few years ago.

Gaeton Bloom marketed a mechanical version called Escalator where the deck is cased.

Angelo Carbone marketed an gimmick last year called Humbug that was capable of this effect plus others.

Chris Mayhew recently published Lazy Rise through vanishingincmagic.com. It looks like Raise Rise but it's much easier to do.

I hope this helps.

Ray

Sep 9, 2009
I just remembered a few more versions of that trick. Roy Walton's Below Zero is a small packet version of a sinking outjogged card. You don't see it visually sink because it is a five card packet but it sinks while outjogged. It's published in the Complete Walton Vol 1 ( Roy Walton, 1981).

Gordon Bruce has a clever and unique looking version. I don't know if he published it.

Mike Kaminskas has a version with a stepped deck. I think it might be published in his Miracle Material book.

Ray

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Here are some impromptu rising cards.

Shifty- Chris kenner (Availiable as 1on1 download on T11)

Elevator - Shigeo Futagawa (Zenneth Kok- The zenneth code (a more readily availiable source)

Cheng's riser - Cheng Lin (TA)

Raise Rise - Ray Kosby (Impossible card magic)

Lazy Rise - Chris Mayhew (Vanishing Inc Download).

Shigeo Futagawa Elevator is my favourite, second is Raise rise. There is a performance of it on my youtube page.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results