Regurgitating?

Jul 30, 2008
I think its supposed to be Bulimia. Anorexia is starving yourself in a nutshell isn't it?

Sorry for going way off topic.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I was goign to say bulimia, but anorexics are known to regurgitate after eating in an attempt to hide their...anorexia.

Sorry azn. I'll get back on topic ;)

What exactly do you have in mind?

Could you post a few videos?

Because I really really really can't imagine people would pay to see someone's digested foodstuffs come out of their stomachs.

Blergh

Gustav

Jan 13, 2008
I think its supposed to be Bulimia. Anorexia is starving yourself in a nutshell isn't it?

Sorry for going way off topic.
The eating disorder Anorexia Nervosa doesn't necessarily describe a certain set of behaviours, but rather the state of mind of the person. They have a distorted image of themselves, and often fear gaining weight. This leads them to extreme methods to lose the weight and keep the weight off, often including starvation, purging, excessive exercise, etc.

Bulimia Nervosa is an eating disorder that tends to include binging followed by purging.

On topic, and slightly in response to G: I remember seeing a performer on television (numerous shows, actually) swallow and regurgitate billiard balls (could have been ping pong balls--all I know is that they were white and round, heh), and also goldfish (totally unharmed). He would regurgitate the goldfish either head or tail first, it was up to the audience. He would also do other "interactive" things like that, swallowing things and regurgitating them in a specified order, for example. It was weird, but slightly entertaining.

Fun fact: His story for why he did it was because he'd have to swallow and then regurgitate his money/etc because he (I think) was in an orphanage (or lived in a bad area of town, had a bad school, or whatever...I forget exactly). Either way, the main thing is that it was to protect his valuables. Why do I mention this? It's nice to see a believable story to go along with the performance. It makes something weird like swallowing and regurgitating items make sense (at least, somewhat). Magicians and mentalists alike should take note of that. :)

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
hahah. Okay.

Still not sure i'd pay to see it, but as long as he's getting paid to do it - I say why not? :)

Interesting idea though -this regurgitating. Never had I heard of it!

Gustav

Sep 1, 2007
On topic, and slightly in response to G: I remember seeing a performer on television (numerous shows, actually) swallow and regurgitate billiard balls (could have been ping pong balls--all I know is that they were white and round, heh), and also goldfish (totally unharmed). He would regurgitate the goldfish either head or tail first, it was up to the audience. He would also do other "interactive" things like that, swallowing things and regurgitating them in a specified order, for example. It was weird, but slightly entertaining.

Fun fact: His story for why he did it was because he'd have to swallow and then regurgitate his money/etc because he (I think) was in an orphanage (or lived in a bad area of town, had a bad school, or whatever...I forget exactly). Either way, the main thing is that it was to protect his valuables. Why do I mention this? It's nice to see a believable story to go along with the performance. It makes something weird like swallowing and regurgitating items make sense (at least, somewhat). Magicians and mentalists alike should take note of that. :)

This is the guy you were thinking of: http://www.ukstars.co.uk/stevie-starr.php

And a video of him on The Tonight Show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZFIRhJrHJE&feature=related

Jan 13, 2008
This is the guy you were thinking of: http://www.ukstars.co.uk/stevie-starr.php

And a video of him on The Tonight Show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZFIRhJrHJE&feature=related
Exactly the guy! Wow, it's been ages since I've seen him on television, haha. :)

G: Oh I wouldn't pay to see that/him either, I would solely stick to watching television appearances. But it's nice that he was able to create such a buzz at the time (during the height of his popularity), and land television appearances...gives me hope if I ever decide to try something that deviates from the norm. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results