Business Card Problem

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
ok here's the deal. I've designed a new business card for myself. It looks like an old wanted poster with that type of font for the information. I wanted to put a saying on the back.. but what should i say? I've read some of you guys' signature and I love some of them but I can only choose just one per printing run. Any ideas? I'm looking for catchy like "my hands and your eyes were in a race, my hands won"... but not preaching type like "faith is believing in what you can't see, illusion is seeing what you can't believe." Don't get me wrong I love that saying but it's not my style to put it on a business card. Any ideas? Semi-serious posts please ^_^

-Deryn

Sep 2, 2007
My suggestion.

Have Your Name in big bold letters on the back. The left half in big bold letters and the right half in italic handwriting. A line going through the middle. Then at the bottom, "(your name)____ Blurring the line inbetween reality and illusion."

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
ok here's the deal. I've designed a new business card for myself. It looks like an old wanted poster with that type of font for the information. I wanted to put a saying on the back.. but what should i say? I've read some of you guys' signature and I love some of them but I can only choose just one per printing run. Any ideas? I'm looking for catchy like "my hands and your eyes were in a race, my hands won"... but not preaching type like "faith is believing in what you can't see, illusion is seeing what you can't believe." Don't get me wrong I love that saying but it's not my style to put it on a business card. Any ideas? Semi-serious posts please ^_^

-Deryn

Wanted magician since 1802

Hey Guys,

By any chance, have you heard any of the Performer's Podcasts by Tyas Frantz?
(Sorry if it sounded like a promo.) If you haven't, please do. Tyas goes into detail about what should be on a business card. Trust me, even if you have the best business card on the market, it's still going to go in the same place as the other.

Sometimes big flashy cards are not respected as much as plain white stock cards.
Learned that the hard way.

So to sum up, only have the bare essentials on a business card. You sell yourself. The cards are the reminder of who you are.

Peace and Love,

Mitch.Conroy

Beautiful. And honestly that's all you need.

Back in the day, had gorgeous full color cards and employers laughed! Corporate P*^(KS!!!!

If anyone needs help with their's PM me, I can design them.

Peace and Love,

Mitch.Conroy

Sep 2, 2007
Minem when they come, are just 'The unique magic servies' on the first line, under that is my name, then 'close-up magician' followed by my contact info.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Beautiful. And honestly that's all you need.

It really is man.

I have a whole deck of Buisness card Cards. *Playing cards* But i only have those just for fun.

I forgot to mention, for a border In super small squished together lettering i have every card printed but just looking at the card it looks like a red border which is nice

aceofspades2ofspades3ofspades4ofspades5ofspades6ofspades7ofspades8ofspades9ofspades10ofspadesjackofspadesqueenofspadeskingofspades

and i keep the 7 black or slightly darker red so it stands out a bit, So i always have a force card.

~Jordan

Sep 2, 2007
Oh, and for mine, I got them free, plus shipping. they have a logo on the back (Where I got them printed) To keep them cheap.

Sep 2, 2007
Yeah. But I also have 12 decks of cards in the mail, and 30$ of nonm-card magic stuff in the mail. So I couldn;t spring the money to have the cards made WITHOUT the logo.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Yeah. But I also have 12 decks of cards in the mail, and 30$ of nonm-card magic stuff in the mail. So I couldn;t spring the money to have the cards made WITHOUT the logo.

Oh =P

I was saying i just make mine at home with a printer.

But yeah i know what thats like.

Unfortunatly the one of the hardest things with magic is you must spend money to make money.

~Jordan

Sep 2, 2007
yep. Nut I might get an ad at my school! :D I'm asking how much it is when I get my spongeballs and TT's.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
yep. Nut I might get an ad at my school! :D I'm asking how much it is when I get my spongeballs and TT's.

Lucky you.
I cant wear tts

A my hands are to big
B they are never the right color =P

Have fun with the sponge balls.

I have been using sponge bunnys for kids lately *also to get some good adult humour with the older group of people*

~Jordan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results