Giveaway - In A Flash by Jay Sankey

the fact that you used the camera for the magic. ditching off frame isn't legit magic. I say, if you can't do it live than it's pointless. It's obvious that you ditched the metro card off frame, and it looks like that's how the shorts changed aswell. That is why it's terrible.

May 4, 2008
NYC
the fact that you used the camera for the magic. ditching off frame isn't legit magic. I say, if you can't do it live than it's pointless. It's obvious that you ditched the metro card off frame, and it looks like that's how the shorts changed aswell. That is why it's terrible.

Thanks for the feedback. You are 100% right, and I will take your comment into consideration and do another trick that I just thought up of which will use more sleight of hand and no ditching.
Thanks again.

Jul 2, 2008
What are you talking about!

There were no rules saying it had to be something to perform live.

For funniest trick, I'd say that was freakin' HILARIOUS.

Much funnier than yours Mr Ection, although yours was good to begin with.

Good job to both of you, mine coming soon!

Oh yeah that was HILARIOUS. :confused: And even if you did find it to be really funny The contest isn't "funniest trick" it's, "trick with a silly random object". And i realize there was no rule that said it had to be performable in a live scenario. But if it's not than what the **** are we doing here. Anyone can drop a card out of frame with zero practice and fool nobody but that doesn't make it magic. I love to put comedy in my magic but I would never completely devoid a performance of an actual moment of magic. If you do than it's not a magic performance it's a comedy performance.

May 4, 2008
NYC
Well guys, its not really up to us to decide....its up to Steven, so if he doesn't like it, then he doesn't have to choose it.

By the way, do you guys think chapstick is a random object? I mean, 'cause dan hauss's redline uses chapstick so I don't know if I should consider it a magical object or not.

Jan 13, 2008
If you do than it's not a magic performance it's a comedy performance.
I would call it a "Criss Angel moment", myself. But that may just be me. ;)

Anyway, good job by all so far! I'd like to see some more submissions, though. Maybe with an actual live audience? It's a challenge, people; TAKE IT! :)

Well guys, its not really up to us to decide....its up to Steven, so if he doesn't like it, then he doesn't have to choose it.

By the way, do you guys think chapstick is a random object? I mean, 'cause dan hauss's redline uses chapstick so I don't know if I should consider it a magical object or not.
I don't think there's any problem with chapstick. Just cuzz there have been tricks that've used it doesn't mean it's an object that's "associated with magic" like cards or coins or white cotton ropes, or doves, or zig zag boxes or bright polyester silks etc. etc. etc.

I gotta say, I think Steven should be doing the SNC stuff from now on lol. Come on, so far i've seen Color Changeing Tums, Magical Reappearing Cue Tips (With Magical Earwax Production! :D), And Magical Metro Boxers With A Guest Appearance By The Gingerbread Bunch. If nothing else, :D it's been entertaining.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results