Kard Klub or Crash Course 2?

Sep 22, 2007
i have money and i cant choose should i get one of those or should i buy somthing else i already own greed
dgp 2 and 3
digital dissolve
panic
slam
crash coruse 1
stgmata
revolution
loops 1-3
and alot more just to tell you if those were your suggestions

im interested in a gaff deck does anyone no when ultragaff comes out because i know anything danny and wayne touch is gold so ill stick with that instead of the E gaff

recomendations highly appreciated

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Hmmm...

If it was between CC2 and KardKlub. I would honestly go with CC2 first. KardKlub is a wonderful DVD, but I think it might help you to learn more of the card sleight basics before you watch KK.

KardKlub is focusing highly on the two card monte. It also goes into good detail about how to perform well.

But that's just me.

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
It really all depends on what you want to learn, kard klub is all about TCM so if you want to really master that then go for it but I didn't think it was worth it all that much. If you're a beginner then CC1 and CC2 are great, I started on those and they've gotten me pretty far. I'd say Ninja 1 and 2 are good if you're at an intermediate level. For others besides sleight of hand stigmata is good so are indecent and sinful all by Wayne Houchin. I'm not sure yet about any of the ones from T11 I haven't gotten around to making money to order yet because of school, but from watching the trailers and reading some reviews they look awesome. I think most of the products you had on the list are all sold at E... if you want to look around there are a lot of good places to look. A lot of my favourite DVD's are Jay Sankeys. The effect i'm in love with right now is surprisingly the invisible deck, just because everytime I do it, I get a great reaction. Anyways if you need more info PM me

Sep 2, 2007
i have money and i cant choose should i get one of those or should i buy somthing else i already own greed
dgp 2 and 3
digital dissolve
panic
slam
crash coruse 1
stgmata
revolution
loops 1-3
and alot more just to tell you if those were your suggestions

im interested in a gaff deck does anyone no when ultragaff comes out because i know anything danny and wayne touch is gold so ill stick with that instead of the E gaff

recomendations highly appreciated

I would get Panic and/or Digital Dissolve -- they're both fantastic effects. If your more into Mentalism, however, then you should get Stigmata.

Crash Course 1, Crash Course 2, and Kard Klub contain sleight of hand strategies and tips that can be found in magic books, for a much cheaper cost than the DVDs.

In regards to UltraGaff, it's probably going to come out in December, maybe January -- it will come out after Stained Skin, which is scheduled to be released in November.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Well what are you looking for exactly?

Revolution is pretty good. I don't use it that often, but it's a good method. I'd rather just do a false transfer.

I heard DGP 2 is the best out of all of them.

I LOVE Panic.

Also your title says Crash Course 2 or Kard Klub? i say neither. Crash 2 is teaching you the ambitious card routine, and if you want to know that go with Daryl's Dvd.

Also your limiting yourself to things that are brand new. Search around. Look at tricks that aren't so new and popular. Then you could be different. Not saying new tricks are bad.

I heard Stigmata is great. Slam would get some pretty good reactions.

Decide what you want to do. I'm not into loops or IT stuff so I'm not goin to say anything about those Dvd's, but like I said decide what you want to perform. Don't just get something because it looks cool and it's new. Only get it if it interests you, and you could see yourself performing with good presentation.

Also Crash Course looks like a bunch of begginer tricks packed into an overpriced Dvd. If you want some begginer tricks get The Royal Road to Card Magic and there are many other dvds that are better.

Sep 2, 2007
Well what are you looking for exactly?

Revolution is pretty good. I don't use it that often, but it's a good method. I'd rather just do a false transfer.

I heard DGP 2 is the best out of all of them.

I LOVE Panic.

Also your title says Crash Course 2 or Kard Klub? i say neither. Crash 2 is teaching you the ambitious card routine, and if you want to know that go with Daryl's Dvd.

Also your limiting yourself to things that are brand new. Search around. Look at tricks that aren't so new and popular. Then you could be different. Not saying new tricks are bad.

I heard Stigmata is great. Slam would get some pretty good reactions.

Revolution is a way to great vanish a coin -- but, there is no way to bring it back. It's a move that can be part of a routine, but if you know other coin sleights, you don't necessarily need it. Slam, on the other hand, is a coin fantastic that is more mind-blowing for the audience that Revolution.

But, it all depends on what type of magic in which you're interested.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
The response was intended for pipi94 because he was interested in buying those effects. However, your post evinced a response from me, so in a sense I was also speaking to you (and myself, the people of theory11, and those of the internet and the world :D).

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 22, 2007
when i listed those i was saying that i already owned those sorry for not clarifying that i already own all of the effects under greed it says i already own greed then a list of the one i own and i am looking for old stuff i would like to elaborate on ambitious card and to 2 card Monte i was just trying to figure out which one to buy and thanks for all the responses and sorry for not clarifying what skill level i am id say im intermediate sorry guys i just posted that in a hurry

Sep 22, 2007
yes i posted that response right before yours lol we must have hit enter at the same time

Sep 3, 2007
Get Digital Dissolve since its a bargain, then none of that other stuff, other then the T11 stuff, all ellusionist stuff is full of crap. Buy a BOOK, thats right, something to read, not something put together by some guy wearing to much eye liner. Bobo's Modern Coin magic, Royal Road to Card Magic, Tarbell Course in Magic, Mark Wilson's course in magic to name a few books. DVDs for the most part are useless...

Sep 1, 2007
Get Digital Dissolve since its a bargain, then none of that other stuff, other then the T11 stuff, all ellusionist stuff is full of crap. Buy a BOOK, thats right, something to read, not something put together by some guy wearing to much eye liner. Bobo's Modern Coin magic, Royal Road to Card Magic, Tarbell Course in Magic, Mark Wilson's course in magic to name a few books. DVDs for the most part are useless...

i wouldn't say they are useless because for some it helps to actually see steps performed, but i agree that you can never go wrong with a good book:)

I think that he said that all of the effects and DVDs that he listed he ALREADY owns. He was asking about CC2 and KK seperatly. Right?

Shane K.

Oh. Well then don't get Kard Klub or Crash Course 2. Just stay away from crash course. If you want to get good info. on the ambitious card there is Daryl's Dvd. Stay away from both. listen to jibjibman(Thanks for the confusing name) Everything in Kard Klub can be foud in some cheap books that he named and lots more information. And if you insist on getting a Dvd then there are better resources.

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Let's try to bring some balance to the conversation: I say to eventually plan on learning both.

There was a thread in the Card Magic forum called Top 10 Tricks to Master

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=726

Both those effects are mentioned often and I agree a good ACR and 2CM need to be part of any card man's arsenal. (I'm working on Oil and Water right now) It seems the main discussion in this thread is the best tool to use in learning them.

For the ACR you've got Darryl's at $30 or CC2 at $40. Loved CC2, haven't seen Darryl's, but both magician friends of mine absolutely recommend it. I've seen a couple volumes of Darryls Encyclopaedia of Card Sleights and he's a great teacher and is excellent at remembering to teach the nuances and subleties you wouldn't catch in a book.

They recommend him but, ya know, my two buddies are old school. And I totally understand the value in it, rich tradition, etc... But I also appreciate Ellusionist's flashy editing because I have attention deficit disorder and, ya know, if it keeps me engaged in the learning process, so be it, and it's worth my money. (I have yet to go thru Paul Wilson's Royal Road in it's entirety a second time...) I also understand the balance in that if the teaching is crappy, no amount of flash can make up for the $40 you just spent on a garbage DVD. All that to say, I love CC2 and have no regrets to my purchase. But if I get another $30 lying around will I get Darryl's too? Absolutely!!! It's his FISM Championship winning routine plus extra moves that he uses in performances *BTW, has Brad won anything? Just playing Devil's Advocate*. I'd love to hear his thoughts on it too and give me even more options in my routining.

I got KK just because I love the rest of E's products. Looking back, I do question the wisdom of spending $40 on ONE effect where there are so many multi-effect DVD's out there for the same or less money. On the other hand, I do perform one GREAT Two Card Monte. The total sum of the reactions I've got performing it has been absolutley worth the 40.

All the opinions are valuable but you need to evaluate your learning style and preferences and let that be your guiding light in your purchases, cause you could always find some $14 book out there...

Long answer.

Short answer. KK: 2 basic sleights and it all presentation from there on. CC2: Buttload of sleights. 1st half of the vid is Brad's basic routine, 2nd half: options of other ways to perform your phases. If you're a sleight junky at this point of your magic, get CC2.

Aug 31, 2007
DEFFINANTLY crash 1 and 2, trust me, you need to learn bacic card slights before going in to single effects, how would you feel, if people know your a magicican, and they give you a deck of cards, and you cant do anything, trust me, build up on slights befor single effects.

DEFFINANTLY crash 1 and 2, trust me, you need to learn bacic card slights before going in to single effects, how would you feel, if people know your a magicican, and they give you a deck of cards, and you cant do anything, trust me, build up on slights befor single effects.

I do have a biased opinion because theres always a better source to E's flashy over priced Dvd's, but do you really know more material? Crash 1 is full of simple card tricks. Yes, they could get some good reactions, but you would probably find the same tricks or something close to it in RRTCM.

C2 is better, but I still suggest Daryl's source over it. Seventeen has a good point of E having your attention all the way through a Dvd. They do a good job of entertaining you. But if you want the better information anda little more old school teaching go with Daryl's. Cheaper and more informative.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results