Ricky Smith's Spread Control

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I haven't written a review before so why not.
This can be found on Dan and Dave's sight in the On Demand Section.

Effect: You take a card. Insert it and push it into the middle of the deck. You ribbon spread it on the table with no cover or sly moves. You openly gather up the deck. A snap of fingers or what ever and the card is back on top.

Video Length: FLV format, 5:07 minutes

What you get:
-The Explanation of the control
-A thing which can barely be considered a trick but still taught.
-A ending demonstration where he becomes Chad Nelson.

Thoughts on Effect: As this is Ricky Smith, his controls are quite the amazingnessauce.... yes... If you guys seen the Cherry Control, you will know how clean this control is going to look. It looks extremely natural and extremely sleight free. It fooled me many times and I am not a noob. haha

Thoughts on Method: The method is simplistic and thats the way I like it. Its pretty easy to execute for people well into card magic. There are some limitations but it can easily be overcome. Overall it is easy for intermediates and should be able to be perfected in 1 day or so.

Teaching: Ricky teaches you everything you need to know about this move. Although this may be so, he does not go through everything thoroughly with every finger section. He shows you once in slow mo and goes through it with a commentary. Its still pretty easy to understand. He teaches the trick included pretty basically as well, but there isn't much to explain either.

Quality: As always its great quality in visuals as well as audio.

Final Thoughts: This is a pretty nice control. Angles are only a tad bit annoying but can easily be controlled. I would only recommend this to people who are intermediate or advanced. Beginners will probably learn this or something and mess it up. For the price of $4, its pretty good.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
This control does look amazing. I'm sure after the Cherry control that this does not disappoint. Might pick this up. Thanks for the review.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
While it is a natural motion, i don't think there's ever any motivation to spread the deck during the trick. The only time i do ribbon spreads after color changing decks and triumphs, but that's at the end of the routine.

Does he tell you any motivations for the flourish?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I dont think so.
But how hard is it?
"If we push your card inside, then do you agree it is lost somewhere *spread* in the middle?"
there we go

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results