New Pen Thru Bill by Cameron Francis

Sep 7, 2008
Cameron just send me a link to a video of his new Pen thru Bill he will hopefully be releasing sometime near early March, after Blackpool. This is completely impromptu, and uses no gimmicks or gaffs. I believe it will be called Driven.

It mimics Timothy Wenk's Misled, but like I stated earlier, uses no gimmicks or gaffs. You put the pen inside the folds of a one dollar bill. You open the bill to show it's actually inside, close the bill back up, and pound the pen through. No fishy movements. Super cool, and of course impromptu.

The second phase also mimics Misled. You put the pen horizontal inside the folds of a bill, and slice it through. This phase is particularly fooling, as you can see both edges of the dollar bill. Also, the pen actually hangs inside the fold, there is no awkward hand position. It looks great!

I know many other impromptu and gimmicked pen thru bills, but this methodology uses none from the previous versions I've seen. The convincers are brand new and look amazing. It truly looks like you pierced their bill!

The PDF is in its finishing stages. Once this is released I'll write a formal review, but I am giving you a heads up because you're going to love this! It'll be worth the wait.

Nice job Cameron!

Jeff

Sep 7, 2008
Knowing Cameron, it's going to be very reasonable. It will be worth the price for sure!

Sep 7, 2008
Neither the pen nor the bill are gimmicked. Everything can be borrowed.

See the final teaser here: http://cameron-francis.com/Driven.php
It will be no more than $15.

This is being released March 2.

I just read the finished e-book, and Cameron did a great job! The 11 page e-book had 19 clear photos, that really helped teach the effect. Not only do you get the PDF, but you also get a full performance video. You then get a performance from back, an exposed view, as a resource. Once this is released by formal review will be written. This is gonna be great!

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
I just think this looks like Alan's version.

Dough is the best pen through bill effect that i've seen. A lot these ungimmicked versions just look to phoney on the penetration side and the noise side.

Sep 7, 2008
Alan is credited, but these work on different concepts and methodology.

I don't like Dough because of the post-it note. It ruins the effect for me.

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
I think in "dough" the post it note adds validity to the illusion.

I've tried misleading misled before and just got bored reactions, while dough got pretty good reactions...

Just my thoughts.
I like Cameron a lot and he has some great material out there though!

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
While I love Dough from a methodical standpoint, it's an effect that has never really got the reactions I desire.

I now use Danny Garcia's impromptu straw through bill which also mimics mislead but uses no gimmicks and no prep.

CL

Sep 17, 2007
Hey, guys! Thanks so much for the interest!

A couple of points:

My pen through bill is different than Daniel's or Alan's. In fact, a couple of months ago at the Blackpool convention, all three of us shared our versions with each other. They are all different but terrific in their own ways.

The reason the demo is edited is because I didn't want people reconstructing the effect by watching the demo over and over again. While the effect looks fine on video, it looks even better in person.

If anyone has any questions about this effect or any of my stuff, feel free to pm me.

Thanks again, guys.

Jan 28, 2009
Doesnt look that good.

My thoughts exactly. Even in the demo its fricking obvious during the 'sawing action' exactly what's going on and its been edited to hell to avoid it being obvious, lol.

I won't be buying this one. Dan Garcia has the monopoly with his straw through bill imo, and this looks awful in comparrison.

Sep 17, 2007
I'm sorry but... what? It's an edited demo. I give nothing away in it. It only exists to give you a general idea of the effect, namely that it is an impromptu variation of Misled. I guarantee you that the second phase is not what you think it is. To say that the effect is terrible based on the trailer, is... well, I honestly don't see how you can judge it. You haven't actually seen the effect.

Jan 28, 2009
So let me get this straight. You're expecting us to take your word for the fact that there is some amazing move that gets the pen outside of the bill prior to it being 'pushed through' that is sufficiently well thought out and invisible that its worth spending money on.

At the same time you're saying that the effect is so weak that it wouldn't stand up to any kind of scrutany, thus you're not going to put it into the demo video, and instead just show a pen being pushed past a folded bill and expect people to spend money on it.

Sorry man, but if that's the case, it's going to be a pretty weak effect. You can't demo the effect without people figuring it out. And this watching the demo video 50 times is nonsense, lol. If I see a move that I think is slick I'll pay for it, just to get the hints and tips from the creator, but based on your demo video, the effect looks bad.

If the effect is good then I apologise, but your marketing is so bad that I -cannot- buy this effect as it looks whack to me.

Sep 17, 2007
Sorry, but there are too many magicians -- and I'm not accusing anyone here of doing this -- who simply watch demos over and over to figure stuff out and perform it without paying for it. I didn't want that to happen. Hence, an edited demo. I really debated even having any sort of trailer but all of my other products have trailers so I put something together for consistency.

I didn't design Driven to fool magicians but it turns out that it does. Fooled a lot of heavy hitters at Blackpool with it. Here are a few quotes from top pros:

"Cracking direct approach to the routine. Almost as good as mine....Ok, it IS as good as mine!" -- Alan Rorrision, creator of Misleading Misled

"Highly recommended!" -- Jeff Pierce

"...absolutely brilliant! Looks fantastic and totally clean." -- Chris Congreave

"I've worked on countless versions of the Pencil Thru Bill plot over the past 20 years and I can honestly say that Cameron's is the very best!" -- Iain Moran

“I have a few versions of pen thru bill both gimmicked and ungimmicked, this is one of the cleanest impromptu (no gimmicked) versions out there.” -- Gary Jones

"... I highly recommend this.” -- Charlie Justice

At the end of the day, though, you don't have to believe me. If you are not familiar with me and my other work, then you don't have to take a chance on anything. I probably wouldn't either. The only thing I take issue with is criticizing the effect without seeing it.

Aug 18, 2008
there are much better pen through dollar's out there...

seriously that move with the sawing action was horrible.

Jan 28, 2009
The only thing I take issue with is criticizing the effect without seeing it.

It's not my fault I haven't seen the effect. Its yours, because you don't believe that your effect would withstand the scrutany of someone watching a demo video.

Fact is, the sort of person that's going to watch a demo 50 times isn't going to buy it, and people like me aren't going to buy it without seeing a demo video....

So basically..........from what I saw, on your demo video....it looks awful. That's not to say its an awful effect, just that from what you've given me that I have to base any decision on, it doesn't look good.

If I'd seen it at Blackpool my opinion may be different.

Sep 17, 2007
OneCardWonder, I pmed you. Twice, actually, by accident because I didn't think the first one went through. Don't worry. It's a nice pm. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results