JDENredden's Free Media, Vol. 2, Burn Me

Hi

Its not quite Friday the 13th yet. Its 11 odd oclock here. And I want to post this before I go to bed.

Volume Two of Free Media is Burn Me.

Some of you may have seen the Tweets about this HERE.

Its a concept that allows you to, extinguish matches on your body and your mouth without getting burnt.

Ino I said that Vol. 2 was going to be an In The Hand Triapmh but due to my heavy work load I didnt have enough time to get it filmed and edited. So I re-touched a book I started to write last year.

Check it out HERE.

WARNING

The following concepts and ideas in this book can and will BURN you with First or possibly Second Degree burns., if you have not followed the instructions.

JDEN

PS. I would love to hear some reviews of this and Vol. 1 ''Deception''

EDIT:

jtmorris just sent me this PM, I thought it would be nice to share it here.

jtmorris said:
Hey I just read your Burn Me PDF (thanks)

I would say that I'm not sure about the second idea myself, but I thought it might be of value to add another old idea to your manuscript that is along the same lines. I don't think there is anyone to credit, because I read it a number of years ago in a non magic book (i think it was called fantastic feats) and it works great.

Basically you can extinguish a lit cigarette on your fingers, or simply hold it lengthwise between your forefinger and your thumb (still lit).
The principle is that you need to hold onto a glass with a cold drink in it (one that has ice in it). You must hold on to the glass for a few minutes then perform the feat. Your finger will be so cold that the lit cigarette won't burn your skin at all, nor will it hurt you at all. If you are able to steal an ice cube form your drink and hold onto that, it works even faster to get your hand ready. Just hold onto it for at least 30 seconds then dry your hand off and perform it. Works great!

-Justin

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 13, 2008
Currently studying for a midterm (only like 7 hours away...oh joy. -_-), but I'll check it out tonight. Thanks! :)

Oct 16, 2007
A pseudo-review of both volumes

As to promote creativity and in the kindest of spirits, JDENredden has released two free PDFs for download from his site: www.JDENredden.info.

Vol. I- Deception
Effect:
"Deception is a concept to find the spectators card, by apparently Mathematical Genius and/or Card Counting tho[sic.] has very little and basic Math."

Instruction:
While the technique is explained as well as one could ask, I personally don't like this method. I'm not a weak math student by any means however, the method employed is daunting until one gets used to such a task. (I must submit that the same effect can be achieved with a simple control.) Lastly, I feel the method takes away from the effect as all of the unselected cards' faces must be viewed by the cardician. I can't help but feel that someone would call you on that fact and explain that you just looked for what was missing.

While reiterating that the effect described in this PDF that accompanies the method is achievable by a various other means ("cleaner") than by using the concept provided, I cannot throw away the concept. Again, JDEN has kindly released these PDFs for us to read and reinterpret, reinvent and make our own. I do think that this concept/method is quite neat and with a little thought and playing around, I'm sure you will all be able to employ this (even if only with half a deck) nifty little principal at some point. I don't recommend throwing out any ideas but this specific concept could very well be a diamond in the rough for some of you.

Quality: Decently designed, legible fonts, quick read. FREE

Vol. II- Burn Me
Effect a:
"The performer ignites a match, and slowly brings it
toward his face and finally to his mouth. The
performer then places the match on his tongue and
closes his mouth. The performer then takes a breath
and blows smoke out of his nose. Then the performer
opens his mouth and removes the extinguished
match. The performer is left with no burns to his
mouth or tongue."

Instruction:
JDEN states numerous times that if you play with fire, you'll get burnt- heed this warning... The amount of flame retardant need not be dripping from your mouth but I think it should be mentioned that one should not be sparing with it- I find it to be rather inexpensive, comes in large quantities and will help from blistering your tongue; of which you have only one after all. Another point to mention is that you should shut your mouth immediately after inserting the match as not to possibly display the method. Personally, I'd tilt my head back as it looks more theatrical and will again, protect against "Common! anyone can do that!"

Another reason to tilt back is if the level of flame retardant is a bit too much, tilting your head back and sticking out your tongue will allow all of it to go to the back of your mouth. From there, the match would be extinguished as explained and you can return your head to its normal posture. I'm a biology major and can tell you that swallowing any of the constituents used in this effect isn't going to make you sick- just don't make a practice of swallowing used match heads more often than performance deems necessary as they taste 'ewwie' ;)

What I love about this effect is the fact that JDEN took a few ideas from here and there and strung them together. d+M and DG- need I say more? The effect of the smoke coming out of your nose is an added :eek: and makes for a more mystifying presentation of a scaled down classic. (Who didn't want to swallow fire for a living after their first time at a circus?!)

Effect b:
toward his arm. The performer then touches the
match on his arm and it is extinguished."

The handling of this should be practiced in a mirror while watching your face. I say this because from your peripheral vision, you can notice any and all jerky motions or the like that would want to be avoided while if you watch your hands dead on, you will lose the fluidity needed to pull off this feat. I think hand angles will play a role in this particular effect.

All in all, both Volumes were easy reads containing slightly polished methods to which you must find an application. The beauty in PDFs like this is that while one reader will read Vol II and want to employ it as a stunt or segway into a trick or even the begining stages of a flame production, another reader may want to experiment with the second effect and its usefulness in revealing a selection on your arm- be it Stigmata or what have you. Endless possibilities my friends.

I am grateful to JDEN for allowing a brief glimpse into his personal endeavors and ideas and hope to read more from him soon.

Always,
David

As to promote creativity and in the kindest of spirits, JDENredden has released two free PDFs for download from his site: www.JDENredden.info.

Vol. I- Deception
Effect:
"Deception is a concept to find the spectators card, by apparently Mathematical Genius and/or Card Counting tho[sic.] has very little and basic Math."

Instruction:
While the technique is explained as well as one could ask, I personally don't like this method. I'm not a weak math student by any means however, the method employed is daunting until one gets used to such a task. (I must submit that the same effect can be achieved with a simple control.) Lastly, I feel the method takes away from the effect as all of the unselected cards' faces must be viewed by the cardician. I can't help but feel that someone would call you on that fact and explain that you just looked for what was missing.

While reiterating that the effect described in this PDF that accompanies the method is achievable by a various other means ("cleaner") than by using the concept provided, I cannot throw away the concept. Again, JDEN has kindly released these PDFs for us to read and reinterpret, reinvent and make our own. I do think that this concept/method is quite neat and with a little thought and playing around, I'm sure you will all be able to employ this (even if only with half a deck) nifty little principal at some point. I don't recommend throwing out any ideas but this specific concept could very well be a diamond in the rough for some of you.

Quality: Decently designed, legible fonts, quick read. FREE

Vol. II- Burn Me
Effect a:
toward his face and finally to his mouth. The
performer then places the match on his tongue and
closes his mouth. The performer then takes a breath
and blows smoke out of his nose. Then the performer
opens his mouth and removes the extinguished
match. The performer is left with no burns to his
mouth or tongue."

Instruction:
JDEN states numerous times that if you play with fire, you'll get burnt- heed this warning... The amount of flame retardant need not be dripping from your mouth but I think it should be mentioned that one should not be sparing with it- I find it to be rather inexpensive, comes in large quantities and will help from blistering your tongue; of which you have only one after all. Another point to mention is that you should shut your mouth immediately after inserting the match as not to possibly display the method. Personally, I'd tilt my head back as it looks more theatrical and will again, protect against "Common! anyone can do that!"

Another reason to tilt back is if the level of flame retardant is a bit too much, tilting your head back and sticking out your tongue will allow all of it to go to the back of your mouth. From there, the match would be extinguished as explained and you can return your head to its normal posture. I'm a biology major and can tell you that swallowing any of the constituents used in this effect isn't going to make you sick- just don't make a practice of swallowing used match heads more often than performance deems necessary as they taste 'ewwie' ;)

What I love about this effect is the fact that JDEN took a few ideas from here and there and strung them together. d+M and DG- need I say more? The effect of the smoke coming out of your nose is an added :eek: and makes for a more mystifying presentation of a scaled down classic. (Who didn't want to swallow fire for a living after their first time at a circus?!)

Effect b:
toward his arm. The performer then touches the
match on his arm and it is extinguished."

The handling of this should be practiced in a mirror while watching your face. I say this because from your peripheral vision, you can notice any and all jerky motions or the like that would want to be avoided while if you watch your hands dead on, you will lose the fluidity needed to pull off this feat. I think hand angles will play a role in this particular effect.

All in all, both Volumes were easy reads containing slightly polished methods to which you must find an application. The beauty in PDFs like this is that while one reader will read Vol II and want to employ it as a stunt or segway into a trick or even the begining stages of a flame production, another reader may want to experiment with the second effect and its usefulness in revealing a selection on your arm- be it Stigmata or what have you. Endless possibilities my friends.

I am grateful to JDEN for allowing a brief glimpse into his personal endeavors and ideas and hope to read more from him soon.

Always,
David

Thanks man

Glad you liked them.

JDEN

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Like i said to you the First initial idea wasn't new to me nor really probably to anyone i think alot of people are to scared to try it is all.
The second one i like you can still be potentially a bit burnt but you changed it a bit so you wouldn't get as burnt or burnt at all i like the second idea.

Hi there :D
I'm keeping up with these releases, and there's no disappointing yet.
This one's great because it's not a trick in itself, but when combined with Warning it just takes it to a new level. Or at least shows your heat proof skin :confused:

I think I'll be using this from now on, especially the second one.

Thanks JDawwwg :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results