Easiest switch

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Hey there,

I am looking for a clean and simple switch of a selection for another known card. Nothing ridiculous as this is a very casual move. All of the switches i know require for me to see the card first, which is what i want to avoid doing.

A Top Change is the obvious answer but there just would not be enough misdirection as this is the very beginning of the routine.
Maybe something Convincing Control-esque, but i don't know.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Nov 29, 2008
Yea i agree i think you should just present the first card as a double lift. If this doesn't work, please explain the effect in a little more detail so we can effectively assist you.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
I have clearly stated that "All of the switches i know require for me to see the card first, which is what i want to avoid doing."

This would happen with a double lift.

This would be the beginning of the trick - "A card is selected and placed on the table..."

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Get the break for the double, pick up the double in biddle grip without flipping it over. Show the face to the person and turn your head away. That way you dont see it, and you can switch it.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Get the break for the double, pick up the double in biddle grip without flipping it over. Show the face to the person and turn your head away. That way you dont see it, and you can switch it.

This would seem to be a solution to your problem, Dima.

Also, you may palm off the top card of the deck, use your main hand to thumb over the second card to show the spectator, then replace the palmed indifferent card and deal it off as normal.

If you feel like you want something better suited for your trick, please PM me with a little more detail regarding the presentation/effect. That would make it much, much easier to tell you what you need.

Ben

Jan 31, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The discrete displacement by Joshua Jay can substitute a top change cleanly, even possibly allow you to palm the card out, Lennart Green's windmill move can also substitute a top change or double lift, as would Derren Brown's Velvet Turnover

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Thanks for all the suggestions gentlemen. Let me reply:

MagicShadow9 - This does seem like a good idea apart from the unnatural way of showing the card as i wouldnt do that any other time.

The palm sounds okay, a bit risky so early on.

I really don't like Jay's DD, just doesn't work for me. Derren Brown's VT is also quite angly and the Windmill Arc move might not look too simple either but it could work. Ill try that one out.

The switch in Lapse is also done from a face up dl isn't it? Dynamo's little move.

Oh and forget about me ever getting away with a Simple Switch. The title is easiest, not ridiculous.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think I would probably turn my head as I flip the top card over, then perform an illogical double lift onto the spectatirs palm or the table top to switch.
Easy, open, deceptive and clean.

CL

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback.

Nice idea Chris, will try out the Illogical dl.

If i remember rightly the only switches N2 teaches are the Top Change and one by Jerry Sadowitz which places an indifferent card outjogged into the middle.

I haven't even thought of the Visa Switch from Kevin's book! Nice idea, will play around with it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results