ClipShift Please PLease Advice

Nov 10, 2007
I have been practicing the clipshift for about an hour to 2 hours everyday for 3 months. I want t know if you think my clipshift is where it should be after this amount of practice. Also please tell me if I flashed, where I need advice or if this was just the worst clipshift you have seen.
I would also ask if you could at the end of your post rate the technique like so:
6/10 or wherever you think it is

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.
EDIT:
It might not be done processing yet but it should be done any second.
Here is the new video I just made so please recomment if you already commented:
http://vimeo.com/3229068
It should be done proceesing anytime now

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 30, 2008
PA
I thought it was about a 7.5~8/10 =D i liked it the only issue was a litttle too much finger movement durring the actuall change and the noise ( i still ge tthat god forsaken noise too dw >~<) but ya overall i liked it =D! just try no tto do ass much finger movement durring the change ( lol that sounds impoisblae but its possiable) and the noise. I found the best piece ive gotten to master this effect was try to move the deck around the card not the other way around. hope that helps u man sorry if i sounded like a critic didnt mean to =D gl mastering it =D!

~Ark~

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 27, 2008
try having a little bit more motion... in everything since the cDL and the clipshift it self...

Apr 30, 2008
PA
i hope it helps besides the noise ( i hate that noise its hard to avoid) but u definatelly do it verry well =D

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
I could of sworn I saw the most minuscule flash in the first clip but i could be mistaken. And like i said- minuscule meaning i'm being super nit picky haha. But yea i think the holy grail of the clipshift itself is the the minimization of finger movement and shaking of the deck.

Also, something little that i think goes a long way is starting and finishing with your fingers open. People notice it and it helps hide movement.

All in all 7.5/8 out of 10 from me. Hope it helps.

have a good one

Jul 14, 2008
For me, about 7/10 for your clipshift. You got the clip and shift very well. Now all you need to work on the flashing problem. What I strongly suggest you is to keep practising and watch the dvd again.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Your Clip Shift is good. My only suggestion is to not shake so much. You go forward/back very fast, make a causal forward and back and it will be perfect. :)

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
I still think that theres a little bit too much finger motion. It definitely looks good for 3 months. It took me about 6 months. But keep practicing, and don't be afraid to go back to the DVD!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results