Redline Review!

Jun 11, 2008
NewsImage110.jpg

Every now and then a trick comes out that is just too cool not to buy. And too hard to resist getting because it is just so darn cool, and you know it is something that you will be performing on a regular basis for a very long time.
Redline, is one of those wonderful effects. It is also one of those effects where you just want to slap yourself in the face when you watch the explanation, because of how simple and unbelievable the method is. Seriously, this is awsome.

Let's start with the effect itself.

A chapstick is presented, the magician takes the lid off. You can see the chapstick inside of the tube. The magician throws the lid toward the chapstick, and in a very magical, and eyepopping manner, the lid appears back on the chapstick. (There are several variations taught)

The Explanation/ Mehtod

Like I said above, the Method is very simple. I mean this in a very good way. It is so simple, you can do it almost anytime. If you don't have the props, no problem. They're proably at the drugstore accross the street for less than $2.00. Also, the gimmick LITERALLY, takes 10 seconds to make!
Dan also goes into great deatil even on the gimmicking, to really make sure you're doing everything right.
Then for the actual "move." He also goes into great detail there. He also touches on some simple details to make the illusion more beleivable. The method is also really easy. Just a little practice of it is all you really need.

The Extened Version.

This is not an extended 1-on-1, but it is a little routine put together by Dan.
It is actually a little combo of the different variations. Also a little bit of humor was added (you act as if you are going to put on the chapstick but the lid appears back on the chapstick as you begin to put it on your lips). I use the extended version when I perform it.

Other sections of the 1-on-1.

Also, he goes into a little more on showing everything to be "clean." So yes, you can show all sides and angles of the chapstick, before and after the trick. Nothing suspitious. This is another thing that I love about Redline.

Performing for da Real Audience.

After watching this, and practicing it a thousand times in front of a mirror (regardless of it's simplicity), I tried it out at school, and it killed!! So this is a good effect that is strong, and allows for some good comedy/ patter.

Finnally.

This trick is not only practical and all around awsome, but it has a huge fun-factor to it. Once you get it, you'll have so much fun just playing around with the possiblilities of it. You can do so much more than just make the cap appear on the stick. He does not teach this on the 1-on-1, but you can throw the cap up and catch it on the stick, make the cap mysteriously vanish in your hand, and appear on the stick by misdirection. Or even make the cap jump off the stick. Just play.
I highly recomend this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Great reveiw

Hey man, thanks for the great reveiw, i have read tons of diffrent reveiws an alot of those miss out in wat u have brought to us. I currently own a number of dan hauss products, namely, "flow", "sleeping queen", "laced", an due to your awseomness in the product reveiw of redline, i think i might add it to my repetouir, i have great respect for dan as a creator an performer. Once again, great review. 5/5 :)

Dec 11, 2008
Longisland
Hey man, thanks for the great reveiw, i have read tons of diffrent reveiws an alot of those miss out in wat u have brought to us. I currently own a number of dan hauss products, namely, "flow", "sleeping queen", "laced", an due to your awseomness in the product reveiw of redline, i think i might add it to my repetouir, i have great respect for dan as a creator an performer. Once again, great review. 5/5 :)

i think that that review of the review was amazing 5/5 so im am goin to review micheals review of a review 5/5. the way that u told us that u have flow, sleep queens and laced was amazing 5/5 and i love that u review a review keep it up. 5/5

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Thanks

Thanks ryan f., that means alot to me and i have great respect for those who put there time an effort into creating an effect, once again ryan thanks....just for a heads up for all including you ryan, i will be reveiwing POWER WORD: FALLL in the coming days. Thanks:)

Dec 11, 2008
Longisland
Thanks ryan f., that means alot to me and i have great respect for those who put there time an effort into creating an effect, once again ryan thanks....just for a heads up for all including you ryan, i will be reveiwing POWER WORD: FALLL in the coming days. Thanks:)

do i sense sarcasm Weissi-babii <3

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
ryan

No im not tryn to be sarcastic....i apologize if it sounded like sarcasm...anywho like I said before I have some upcoming reveiws to share with the theory 11 community...once again thanks for your reveiw of a review:)

Jul 7, 2008
No not every brand will do.
I live in sweden and we cant find shapstick here.
We have other brands but they tend to have colours on the bottom and the stick is just white.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results