The Next Level of Muscle Memory

Feb 8, 2008
As many, if not all of us, know, muscle memory needs to be used in the learning of sleights and flourishes in order to create a smooth, more natural feel and look to handling the cards. Well, I was reading an article today about proper technique and grips for handwriting. Apparently, we are supposed to use very little of our finger and hand muscles for writing or drawing, but rather, we should use our shoulder girdle. (To read more: http://www.paperpenalia.com/handwriting.html). Now, this may be completely wrong, and this is only an idea, but as I was reading the article, I thought that maybe we could use the shoulder girdle for learning techniques. This would especially come in handy when it comes to flourishes. Often, I see many young people whose flourishes are confined only to their hands and have very little motion otherwise. I don't know if this has idea of muscle memory has been mentioned before, and I haven't completely thought it over, but I just thought I should throw this out there. Couldn't hurt.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
As many, if not all of us, know, muscle memory needs to be used in the learning of sleights and flourishes in order to create a smooth, more natural feel and look to handling the cards. Well, I was reading an article today about proper technique and grips for handwriting. Apparently, we are supposed to use very little of our finger and hand muscles for writing or drawing, but rather, we should use our shoulder girdle. (To read more: http://www.paperpenalia.com/handwriting.html). Now, this may be completely wrong, and this is only an idea, but as I was reading the article, I thought that maybe we could use the shoulder girdle for learning techniques. This would especially come in handy when it comes to flourishes. Often, I see many young people whose flourishes are confined only to their hands and have very little motion otherwise. I don't know if this has idea of muscle memory has been mentioned before, and I haven't completely thought it over, but I just thought I should throw this out there. Couldn't hurt.

interesting..... ill try the idea out,after all your idea was well stated, It might work ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i thinks a good idea, many people do focus just on their hands. A prime example of moving your body is Daniel Madison. When I watch him, his whole body is moving to a sort of rhythm with the flourish, its really cool to watch.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results