The best "Triumph" in the world

im not familiar with that one. who is it by? have you even checked out "The Overworked Card" by (i think) Roy Walton. its pretty sick, its my favourite that i use when i perform. i also use Jay Sankey's "Back In Time". its killer

Last edited by a moderator:

Dex

Sep 18, 2007
North of France.
I adore Jay Sankey's one (in secret files) Where you get to show FOR REAL the cards shuffled face up and down.

And with that, it's easy to perform

I don't think it's the best, but I sure love it

Sep 2, 2007
London
Kostya Kimlat's version of Triumph is the best I've ever seen. I don't remember what the notes are called where he teaches it to be honest, so this post may well be useless to you, but it's worth searching out. If you haven't seen it, the spectator gets to turn cards face up and face down and shuffle them as much as they like, but you still end up with the whole deck facing one way except for the selection. As a magician, expecting some fancy false shuffle, I admit I was fooled when I first saw it.

Sep 1, 2007
Knowing Kostya though, it's probably just a hell of a lot of roadrunner culling. Favorite triumph at the moment though, Joshua Jay's Tumped Triumph. A combination of John Bannon's Last Man Standing, with a little kicker. It's a nice one.

Aug 31, 2007
If I am not wrong, Moment of Zen is simply Lee Asher's Not Impressive or Continental Divide. It comes by many names.

Yeah, that Triumph made me scream. And I rarely scream at a card trick.

Trumped Triumph is a nice plot, but I don't like the handling - a little too dirty for my likings.

- harapan. magic!

Moment of zen is the best version of triumph out there.

It's great to hear that you have your own defined opinion on what you believe is the "best" Triumph out there -- but it is rather biased to say without stating the reasons why. So, what makes this different to all the other Triumphs around? Is there something unique that others are missing, or is it that the handling looks "clean" and/or is very simple to accomplish?

Give us your reasons why, it will make your views appreciated.

Jordan

Aug 31, 2007
If you are referring to the triumph I think you are talking about, it is an unpublished idea by Tony Chang of NYC. Although it is a great version of Triumph, or at least based off Triumph, I don't see your motivation in starting a thread about this, being that it is unpublished and you said absolutely nothing else about it other than it is the best version of the plot, something I think even Tony would disagree with you on. Tony Chang is a member on here, under the username of Liquidsn I'm pretty sure, and any questions should be directed to him. However, I think that unless he comes and comments about it or says otherwise, discussions of its method and the effect should be stopped.

Cody

Aug 31, 2007
Knowing Kostya though, it's probably just a hell of a lot of roadrunner culling. Favorite triumph at the moment though, Joshua Jay's Tumped Triumph. A combination of John Bannon's Last Man Standing, with a little kicker. It's a nice one.

Josh's Trumped Triumph is not based off Bannon's "Last Man Standing", but instead off of his "Play It Straight Triumph", from Impossibilia It can be found in his lecture notes and on his Close Up Up Close DVD set, both of which are excellent.

Cody

Aug 31, 2007
I just use last man standing for now. Seems to do the job. That video is pretty crazy though. I'm stumped.

Sep 8, 2007
Italy
mystico way

I don't know where the bonus move to the Dai Vernon's effect is taken from, but I really enjoyed the Triumph ... Mr. Mystico Way (look on his video on youtube). I just loved the way he presented that classic! :eek:

Stefano

if moment of zen is conti divide or not impressive, than yeah they are both sick. conti divide is a lefties trick tho. to me i dnot really consider those triumphs, they are more of an "out of this world" plot or an "oil and water" type effect. but they are both still super sick.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results