My Hands or Just Beginner?

Jan 21, 2009
Hello guys iam not a new member to this site really i have been researching and what not iam new to flourishing and iam having alot of trouble with some so called easy moves..like on a sybil iam having trouble transferring packets and holding cards together...can this be my small hands? or is it just beginning problems?its basically the first grab of the middle pack iam ahving trouble briging it around and such

Sep 6, 2008
norway
I had the exact same problem when i started out in flourishing.
And i don't beleive it's possible to have to small hands to do the sybil, it just makes it a little harder:)..After you have practised for a while you will notice that you will get it better and better. So just practise!

Jan 21, 2009
thanks a bunch all of you

You guys are helping already :) with the half of deck and all the tips :p just seeing people are there to help is just a good feeling :) oh by the way what is a good but not to expensive camera to buy that i can hook to my pc and upload some stuff so you guys can see what iam doing?

Jan 9, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
Trust me I had major problems dropping packets while practcing some n ew flourish and I have Huge Hands. Keep practicing and you'll be great. All it takes is DTERMINATION and AMBITION.

Oct 1, 2008
Northwest Indiana
Agree with everyone's help. Practice. I've only started flourishing.... 6 months ago. I have long, nimble, fingers (from being a guitar player for 15 years) and I had terrible trouble at first. I kept asking...how the hell do the packets stay together?! lol. Once the muscles start remembering the patterns in the movements, yer good to go. Big or little hands. You'll go to practice a move and go... 'heh, I remember cards flying all over the place trying to do this move'

Another two cents I'll throw out there... forget speed right away. Smooth movement is imo more important to make the flourishes look that much better. Once the move is fluid then work on making it faster. I prefer watching that over really fast flourishes that are kinda jerky in the motions.

Sep 20, 2008
Practicing right will do you good too.

I was using plastic cards at the time, and what i did was Split the deck into 4 (which constitutes to 13 cards per packet)

Tape em together (Remember, they were plastic)

and performed Sybil like there's no tomorrow. i eventually got the hang of a sybil and began to do it with a normal deck.

Also, some decks tend to 'stick' together more as packets rather than cards themselves. For instance, i have experience that Wynn cards stick together quite easily, but its fairly hard to fan them. i can Sybil with them easier than i could with Split spades, or custom decks

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results