Thread by Wayne Houchin

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
For those who have purchased Thread I was wondering what brand of cotton thread you have found least painful. I bought a spool of 100% cotton thread from Walmart, but I find it quite painful against my eye lid as I pull the thread out.

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
I use mercerized cotton and it will start out painful. If you keep on practicing it will get better, but don't practice if you have hurt your eye. You also will want to use a good amount of visine for the trick, it does help.
There are many threads on this on the forums already, if you use the search function you will find a ton.

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
Coats Cotton - by Coats & Clark.. 100% Cotton Thread - available in most fabric stores

Thank you I will look for that. I have been using mercerized cotton which has a polyester core I just realized by looking it up online, so I won't be using that anymore except for gypsy thread.

gavinross

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
toledo, ohio
So does that mean there is a difference between "100% mercerized cotton" and just "100% cotton"? The type I picked up is from coats and clark, coats cotton, all purpose, 100% mercerized cotton. Wayne says he uses mercerized cotton, so i figured the pain im getting was due to sensitive eyes and hense this product has been sitting on the shelf. But, like i asked above, if there is a difference btwn 100% cotton and 100% mercerized cotton, i'd be willing to find the other and give it a go.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results