Is True Astonishments worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicDude09

Banned
Feb 23, 2009
guys e just put out this effect called true astonishments is it worth it? 300 bucks for a wooden box and 1 effect is it really worth the money or is it true crapage? because personally i think it is stupid.

EDIT

i just found out that this trick is from a guy named paul harris is he any goo?

Jan 13, 2008
Joke topic, I'm guessing? Either way, here's the scoop:

True Astonishments is a collection of effects, spread across 9 DVDs, which comes in a special collectible wooden puzzle box. Each DVD has a corresponding gimmick that comes with it (if I recall correctly--I don't have the set myself), although it's not actually used for every effect on the DVD.

And from what I've heard, no, it's not worth the price.

It's worth over ten times the price it's being sold for.

Also, Paul Harris is a creative genius.

And reported, just in case.

MagicDude09

Banned
Feb 23, 2009
Joke topic, I'm guessing? Either way, here's the scoop:

True Astonishments is a collection of effects, spread across 9 DVDs, which comes in a special collectible wooden puzzle box. Each DVD has a corresponding gimmick that comes with it (if I recall correctly--I don't have the set myself), although it's not actually used for every effect on the DVD.

And from what I've heard, no, it's not worth the price.

It's worth over ten times the price it's being sold for.

Also, Paul Harris is a creative genius.

And reported, just in case.

oh i didnt no that the picture just shows a box thanks for helping me out buddy?

D

Deleted member 2755

I ordered True Astonishments 2 days ago..... Best thing money will buy you.

-Doug

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
This dvd series is pointless if you do not have intermediate magic skills, most people think that they already have them... there are some "no brainers" but the good stuff will take practice, setting up props, making props, angle work, and what not...

Based on the fact that you don't know who paul harris is I suggust you spend money elsewhere. All I know is that this set is amazing and i don't plan to buy any new close up material for awhile...

I have a gig next week and I plan to use some of the effects from there in it, jus to give 'em a little test drive.

MagicDude09

Banned
Feb 23, 2009
ohhh you guys ae really helpfull thanks .

anyway i think i am an advance magic level so ill ask my mom for her card and buy it from e

Sep 1, 2007
since e made it does brad teach at all?

E did not make this.

Believe it or not, Ellusionist is not the end-all be-all of magic.

Paul Harris has been around since the 70's and is perhaps the leading creator in closeup magic and has literally reinvented the genre as we know it. Allow me to recommend that you ignore E for a while and learn some, oh, I don't know, good magic.

Paul Harris is a great place to start. Check out the Art of Astonishment (thought I do recommend that you have some basic sleight-of-hand knowledge first, such as Royal Road to Card Magic or Card College). And then check out some of the classic masters' material. Dai Vernon, Larry Jennings, Paul Le Paul, Arthur Buckley, etc.

I am in total aww. This is going to be one of those dumb threads that last for 92 pages because people start ripping on each other. Just don't post anymore! It has been answered. So far every single person that has looked at this thred has posted.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
In case you dont know who the OP is... this is the kid that buys everything E has, books, DVDs, etc... than makes a youtube video saying how everything SUCKS, because it is too hard. He even said this about Card College series. He complained how he wasted 300 dollars on stuff that he couldn't do moments after reading the explanation.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
ohhh you guys ae really helpfull thanks .

anyway i think i am an advance magic level so ill ask my mom for her card and buy it from e

No offense, but you only use 40 cards from a normal deck of cards, because you claim 52 cards is too many, and your hands can't handle a full deck. This is not an advanced level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results