Change!

Oct 22, 2008
So, I wasn't that sure if I should put this in the product questions because I can't find if it is is being sold or not. Now I came across about a year ago a change done by Daniel Madison. It was called Change. This change was probably one of the most visual card changes I have ever seen, plus it looked like he can show the card clean at the end. So anyways, I know there are people out there who can do this change, and I was wondering where to get it and if you can't get it from any website, than how did you learn it. I would really like this change and it would go great in my routine. Not sure if this is being sold, and i looked on his website and it is not there. So please help.

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
Well, I'm pretty sure the people who are doing it already are either close friends with Daniel, or they've figured it out. Or another possibility is that its just a method that looks a like? Anyways, I think he has an upcoming DVD coming out this year or in 2010. I've heard rumors that Change could be on it.

Oct 22, 2008
Well, I'm pretty sure the people who are doing it already are either close friends with Daniel, or they've figured it out. Or another possibility is that its just a method that looks a like? Anyways, I think he has an upcoming DVD coming out this year or in 2010. I've heard rumors that Change could be on it.

o nice thank you

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
well it's not being sold yet, and there are different ways to accomplish change.
i myself, am still trying to figure out the daniel madison way.

so far, this is what i got that simulates the effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_lthrBL3Ns&feature=channel_page
check out my change version.

oh, that's nice. check out mine and tell me what you think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei7SZOQgtYE&feature=channel_page. as for the topic, there have been many threads on this. hopefully it will be released in 2009.

i know how to do it. its not good. i saw it from some tutorial vid. Can only be done in front of cameras ( yet, not a camera trick)
sorry, but that is wrong. the drop method i will assume.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
why do you believe that tutorial crap on youtube? lol it's most likely not the real way.

That's exactly it. People out there are just trying to become the coolest person on youtube by being the one who figures out how to do the coolest thing they see out there.

Most people either use video editing to make it happen, or they have two cards in their hand and make one fly out of view as they shake it. And their low res $10 webcams can't pick up the card flying off the screen so it looks somewhat real.

Obviously neither of these is how Daniel Madison does it. And on another note, can't people just accept the fact that they can't figure out how something's done? I for one like the feeling of being fooled because I don't get that feeling very often anymore.

-Kevin

Oct 22, 2008
That's exactly it. People out there are just trying to become the coolest person on youtube by being the one who figures out how to do the coolest thing they see out there.

Most people either use video editing to make it happen, or they have two cards in their hand and make one fly out of view as they shake it. And their low res $10 webcams can't pick up the card flying off the screen so it looks somewhat real.

Obviously neither of these is how Daniel Madison does it. And on another note, can't people just accept the fact that they can't figure out how something's done? I for one like the feeling of being fooled because I don't get that feeling very often anymore.

-Kevin

I'm right there with you bro

Some people think it's real... some don't.
I don't.
People do not have the motor skills necessary for making an object move even a tiny distance in that extremely small space of time.
Prove me wrong!

Sep 17, 2008
Maryland
I wonder if any of the artists here on Theory11 know how it's done and can let us know if it's impromptu or not. That's all I would want to know. I agree with Kevin. It's exciting to see something and not know how its done.

It will probably be one of those, "Oh, crap. Why didn't I think of that" moments when we all find out how he does it.

Sep 2, 2007
there is a change, bob hummers visual change, in Dai Vernon's Inner card secrets (I think) which looks VERY simalar.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Dana Hocking has said that he has seen it live.

I heard something interesting today, from a layman.

"I don't ever wanna know how to do that. I love being so naive to what's happening, I love being ****ing fooled, that's the most amazing ****."

Don't be a heckler. Enjoy the magic.

May 19, 2008
manchester
or maybe he did use a camera trick BUT you dont need to use a camera trick in real life, just that if he didnt it would be obvious to magicians? so he uses a camera trick to make it look a tiny bit better than in real life?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results