Autograph + TNR =

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Last night I had the most awesome idea. I wanted to combine the effect of Autograph by Justin Miller and the effect TNR by Mathieu Bich.

Where I have 2 spectators, they each select a card. Spectator 1- say his name is Bob, signs his name on the back of his card. Spectator 2- say her name is Mary, signs her name on the front. I take Mary's card, lose it in the deck. Take Bob's card, rip it up into 4 little pieces and visually restore them as TNR is performed. Then I tell Mary to look through the deck and find her card, but she can't, it vanished, I then turn the card that's been in full view the entire time and it transforms into Mary's signed card and Bob's name is on the back of the card.
So Mary's name is on the front, and Bob's name is on the back, the card can then be handed out as a suvenier.

Now, as impossible as this may sound, I experiemented with this idea for like 6 hours and finally made it WORK!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! I shall have a video of it soon!!!! :D

What do you guys think???

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
It sounds like a good idea but the two effects really have no relation. A restoration and a fusion effect dont have much to do with each other. It's kinda of like the Torn and Restored Bill in Orange. The magician tears a card and throws the pieces away and shows the signed card has restored, plus it's inside an orange! Now at first glance it may seem good but in reality the two plots are not worthy of combining. It would be much better to do a Tnr and then a Card to Orange.

Think about that.

Jan 28, 2009
This is ridiculous. People are pulling this apart without seeing it being performed. What a joke.

I saw someone do a signed, multiple card tear up with all cards going to orange on stage, and it got a fantastic reaction. (Literally he had 5 people on stage, including a friend of mine.) The fact it was elaborate just made it all the more entertaining. It literally brought the house down.

Performed right this would probably work. But you'll need to do it with a live audience there to make that determination, not ask people on a forum if they think an audience will like it. If you've got it down, go do it with a live audience and see if it works. And video it so I can watch, lol.

Whicha.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I agree with the above post. I really like this idea, i would only change one thing. Myself and B smith both agree that this could be something REALLY REALLY good!
JM

hey thanks! :) I will try to have the video up soon, once I tweek it a little and perfect the handling.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results