theory11 special announcement - An All New 1-on-1 Section

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
I really like the new 1-on-1 section, great job designing it. I have but a few suggestions, though...

1) Instead of having different pages ( PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT ), why not just do a flash frame, or even an iframe? I just think that having multiple pages with just a few items on each page will become a bit bothersome when more and more 1-on-1s are released.

2) Some of the 1-on-1 titles are longer than others. I would suggest moving the price down to the bottom-right of the item's container- so it's on the same plane as the category and difficulty, so to speak. This would eliminate any cramming of the title/price in the future, as well as now.

Other than those couple things, I can't think of much that would make it any better -- great job guys!

Ben

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Rock on. We've been able to fix most of bugs that have been pointed out thus far, but if you see anything further, do not hesitate to let us know. Appreciate the comments and feedback.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Rock on. We've been able to fix most of bugs that have been pointed out thus far, but if you see anything further, do not hesitate to let us know. Appreciate the comments and feedback.

1. Are we ever going to be able to view the videos in full screen?

2. Please change it so the we can sort difficulty from either easy to difficult or difficult to easy, same goes for price,release date, length, etc....

-Michael

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
1. Are we ever going to be able to view the videos in full screen?

2. Please change it so the we can sort difficulty from either easy to difficult or difficult to easy, same goes for price,release date, length, etc....

-Michael

Both suggestions are more than justified. To the first, I would say a definite yes, but we have no immediate plans to develop full screen functionality. Sometime in the not-too-distant future, though - yes.

Regarding sorting - initially it was in fact possible to sort by either direction, but we simplified it at the last minute to sort in one direction for simplicity's sake. We'll check into this. Any other suggestions on new features, definitely let us know. Sweetness.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Both suggestions are more than justified. To the first, I would say a definite yes, but we have no immediate plans to develop full screen functionality. Sometime in the not-too-distant future, though - yes.

Regarding sorting - initially it was in fact possible to sort by either direction, but we simplified it at the last minute to sort in one direction for simplicity's sake. We'll check into this. Any other suggestions on new features, definitely let us know. Sweetness.

Can you carry over some of the features to the normal trick section? As well as being able to sort by rating?

-Michael

Sep 2, 2007
Love the new section -- more dynamic, streamlined, user-friendly, and full of awesomeness. A ton of props all around.

Just as a corollary to Michael's point, the ability to post reviews right under the video (or somewhere on the page) for each 1-on-1 could potentially be a nice option to have.

Again, amazing work!

Cheers,
JTM

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Found a glitch:

The Slipshot page has a video of Sloppy Shuffle Triumph that has sound lag. I checked the actual Sloppy Shuffle page and it's fine.
Hope that helps.

Feb 8, 2009
wow thats great that now you can control the volume via the vid.
i pretty much got sick of getting up going to my speakers to adjust it.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Thought I'd let you guys know that I found another glitch:
The 'Realtime' Dan and Dave video doesn't play at all.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results