Retention question

Feb 8, 2009
stright to classic.
the idea of this vanish is showing your fingers open soon as you "put" the coin in the other hand giving the feeling its realy there and that there is nothing in the hand that putted the coin in the other. wich cant be achieved with a finger palm.
going to finger palm will ruin the intire idea i think.
and by going stright to classic you can easily set a position to a muscle pass.

May 24, 2008
Classic palm is the way to go. It allows you to then occupy the hand by either making a magical gesture, or picking up an object that gives it a natural feel.

Mar 29, 2008
Either into classic palm as I wave my hand over the other one, or straight into edge grip. If I am working with multiple coins I almost always go into edge. Also I have been working on my way of a retention to mutobe, my favorite palm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
It really depends on what you want to do after. Most people go to classic palm, but too soon, and the spectators see their hand "tighten" as they lift the coin from fingertip rest to classic palm (obviously, ruining the illusion).

The best coin magic is magic with no apparent transfers of coins from one palm to the other. So, depending on your routine, I recommend going straight into WHATEVER palm you need the coin to be in for later (but not so soon that it ruins the retention vanish).

Scott.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I'd say it doesn't matter as long as you're not presenting it like "which hand is the coin in?" or by itself. If you are using it during or after a full routine. You could essentially just clean up with it on finger tip rest while everybody is looking at the other coins or whatever.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results