Master Levitation System

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Well I assume that this is just his floating cigarette hookup repackaged to be more versatile. If you dont know the hookup, then it is a great buy. It takes your hummer card to a new level. You can literally spin the card and have it go all the way to the floor, and right up to your mouth.

I have no idea how the tarantula hooks up or what the gimmick consist's of, but it looks great too. (I'm still not sold that it uses Fearson's hookup.)

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
There's controversy between this and Tarantula (Tarantula being the negatvie participant) but I won't get into it here. Basically, they accomplish the same thing and both use the same hook-up, innovated by Steve Fearson.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
To interject...

When watching the trailer videos, Fearsons levitations seem jerky and unnatural, whereas the Tarantula seems smooth and life like.

If they are indeed the same hookup, I'd pick Yigal's as it seems more refined.

-ThrallMind

Mar 30, 2008
DC
My Tarantula should be in by the end of the week so I will put up the review and compare with Michael Kras to let you all know.

Michael Kras

Sep 12, 2007
Canada
To interject...

When watching the trailer videos, Fearsons levitations seem jerky and unnatural, whereas the Tarantula seems smooth and life like.

If they are indeed the same hookup, I'd pick Yigal's as it seems more refined.

-ThrallMind

They both do the exact same thing... if there's any visible difference, it's surely because of handling and not the method itself.

And no, Yigal hasn't given credit or received permission to use Steve's hook-up.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
They both do the exact same thing... if there's any visible difference, it's surely because of handling and not the method itself.

Mike...I didn't say it was Steve's hookup Yigal was using. I was saying if they happen to be roughly the same, I'd pick Yigal. You said it yourself, if there's a difference, it's due to handling, and I would like to know the smoother handling.

Lastly...Tarantula is a reel, whereas Fearsons is a hookup...I don't see how they can be similar in that respect.

And no, Yigal hasn't given credit or received permission to use Steve's hook-up.

Why would he? They are ENTIRELY different things.

Steves system clearly states:

http://www.emagicsupply.com/master-levitation-system-p-43.html said:
NOT a reel
Not a spooler
NOT some pipe dream, gimmick or fad to lighten your wallet

And Tarantula clearly states:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1931 said:
Every detail of the Tarantula Motorized Reel will be taught step-by-step. You will learn new, incredible effects

Unless I'm completely stupid, it sounds like Fearson is saying his system is NOT a reel, and Yigal is saying Tarantula is a motorized reel. Seems like exact opposites, if ya ask me, Mike.

Please, before pointing fingers, do a bit of research.

-ThrallMind

EDIT:
Why is this in the product review section, and not the product question section...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
I know what I'm talking about...

Do you own both the Fearson Hookup and the Tarantula, or have you seen both personally?

I merely mean the basic method of each is identical and it belongs to Fearson. Mesika has no permission to use it.

Ha.

Ya know, if you wanna generalize it that far, Fearson has no permission from the creator of invisible thread. I mean, the basic method is the same right?

By your logic, anyone using ANYTHING to animate an object is copying Fearson. I can assure you that Steve Fearson did not invent the idea of Invisible Thread or an IT hookup/reel.

You having an effect on that website has nothing to do with you defending Fearsons side, right?

I may be wrong, but I want PROOF that 1) Fearson owns the basic method you speak of, and 2) That the Tarantula uses it. It's okay, take your time. I'll wait until Tarantula actually begins shipping so you can test your own theory for yourself.

-ThrallMind

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
They are DIRECT emails from Mr. Fearson. Private ones, which I will not share iwhtout his permission.

Yet...you still have no knowledge on how Tarantula works.

So basically you are telling me you are stating things as fact from a biased party (Steve Fearson) without having any knowledge or statements from the other party (Also known as Yigal Mesika), and you haven't done any research about this on your own?

There goes the credibility of your statements, Mike. Please stop miseducating the masses until you have proof to back up the slander.

-ThrallMind

Michael Kras

Sep 12, 2007
Canada
A biased party? Don't you think the one to know for sure if he has been ripped off or not would be the creator himself? Please.

Don't believe me? Contact Steve... seriously, do it, he'll give you the scoop. sf@downloadmagic.com

I'm finished trying to defend the situation, as you're right, I personally have no proof. So, I apologize for making public assumptions based on the word of sources, no matter how legitimate those sources are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 18, 2009
Yeah..... I have to agree with Thrallmind, even if the hookup is exactly the same then it shouldn't matter at all since they are using different methods and somewhat different gimmicks. If Mesika said one thing and did another then shame on him but as Thrallmind stated they sound different because they BOTH list different things of how they are accomplished.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results