Iknow Jason Palter

Oct 22, 2008
Ok, So I've had this effect for a little over maybe 2 months and have used it a fair amount and thought it is about time to review this. This is also my first review here at theory11 so don't be too harsh when commenting. ;)

Price- $15.00

Where to purchase- magic geek, ellusionist, and i think thats about it.

Effect- A spectator is invited to listen to as many songs as they'd like from your favorite playlist (a folder that contains a compilation of 60-70 songs) on your iPod or MP3 player. They are all different. The spectator is asked to scroll through and randomly stop at any song in the playlist, while the iPod is out of site-behind their back or under the table. They are now encouraged to remove the headphones and sing the tune in their mind. You can be in another room as this happens. Now for the mind-blowing climax: You bring your ear close to theirs. You explain that you are listening for the beat and melody of the tune that is still reverberating off their eardrums, and vibrating in their head. To the absolute disbelief of the spectator, bit by bit you start to hum the tune they are thinking of, and then suddenly you name the selected song!

So the effect explains it all basically. This trick to me is pure gold. Now I am mostly a card magician although on my birthday recently my mom and dad got me this trick. The reason why I like this so much is because it uses an ipod or mp3. And who doesn't have one these days? So if you're carrying around your ipod and say someone wants to see a trick from you, your ready to go all times!

Setup- Really I guess maybe you can consider it setup, but not really. Basically it's not setup that you have to do every single time before you do the trick. All you do is one thing with your ipod and once you're done you have it ready on your ipod at all times!

How hard is the setup- Actually for me that one thing you need to do with the ipod was a little difficult, but only because this dvd looks like it may have been made a couple of years ago. But once i figured it out it was no big deal.

Final thoughts- So in general this is actually one of my favorite effects to do because of its simplicity and that it is used with an every day object. People go crazy over this and the reactions are just wild! The one thing though is i make sure that one spectator listens to their selected song and the other doesn't to make sure that I can't hear what song they're listening to. But lastly i think that this trick should be worth more. It's almost a steal and his teaching is great. So i really recommend that you pick this effect up and I'm sure you'll love it no madder category of magic you do.

-jake

p.s. heres the link: http://www.magicgeek.com/iknow-428.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 1, 2008
earth
Thanks for the review.

If you dont mind, could you provide us a link to the effect. I searched the magic geek page and didnt find it.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Hi- Nice review.

I think that the set-up can be a bit time consuming and annoying the first time you set-up, but after that you're finish forever and always ready to perform. I think that it's a good effect for the commonly seen iPod/mp3 technology.

Oct 22, 2008
OK 1 question. Can you repeat the effect and is it always the same song??

well yea you can deffinitley repeat the effect if you really need to or if like someone if forcing you to do it again (a wierdo) :D And yes you can do more than one song. But for me this trick i mostly only do once and it is towards the end of my routine. Not saying it's a closer but more of a second or third to last trick.

Hope that helped. Tryed to help as much as I could with out revealing anything.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results