What is this trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2008
Hey guys :D

i remembered a trick ive seen before something back, which i believe is some kind of mentalism or prediction trick.

the magician had a (multi)-folded prediction paper, and the spectator is asked to shuffle the deck, face-ups to face-downs.

then the magician opened the paper to reveal how many black/red were face-up/face-down etc.

then he opened up another fold in the paper and revealed that (example) all the black cards were odd numbers.

and when there is a single even numbered card among the blacks, the spectator reached out to grab it.

at this point, the magician opened up the paper again to reveal a drawing of a hand holding that card.

yup, so this is basically the trick, does anyone know the name of it?

im thinking of getting it some time soon.

thanks. :D

Jul 30, 2008
Simon Aronson's "Shufflebored".

Edit : I believe Aldo Colombini added the mutliple phrase approach.

Dec 26, 2007
Although i do not remember the name or indeed which issue, you are most certainly talking about an effect from the Apocalypse magazines. Sorry I can't be of more assisstance, it is a simple but powerful effect

Sep 2, 2007
London
Yes, it's "Shufflebored" by Simon Aronson. Lennart Green has a version of it, and I think a couple of other guys do too.

Sep 16, 2019
Simon Aronson's "Shufflebored".

Edit : I believe Aldo Colombini added the mutliple phrase approach.
Have you seen the variation he performed at the mr.beast video he let them shuffles and keep the order of face up cards.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Most of the people in this thread aren't active on the forums. Vior last logged in 9 years ago. That is the reason we discourage resurrecting old threads.

Reactions: Sujmij35
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results