Ustream - Theory11

i just had this idea in the shower, where all my great ideas hatch.

Anyway my understanding is that ustream can have multiple cams and have a show. So what I thought would be kind of cool is to have a group of people research news about magic like new tricks to watch out for, review sections sub category demo of magic trick or effects if it is a book, magic news, and maybe guest interviews.

Now the cool thing about ustream is that these sections don't even have to be live you forum members can submit videos through youtube and we can then play it on live feed. ALso if you go to a magic convention and are able to get an interview with a famous and or popular magician you could record it and then I could show it to the masses.

Now I need at least 3-4 people to help make this work, I was thinking about putting together a show every 2 weeks, so it will involve some hardwork and I need hard working magicians to help make this happen.

Cringe and magicman1212 private message me.

Jul 10, 2008
To make this work you're going to have to be a hell of alot more creative than what's being suggested so. Please, don't take this as me flaming your post, but if you think about it... How is this different from iTRICKS, Magic Newswire, Magic Cafe, and (aside from the videos you suggested) all Magic related magazines? And not to belittle anyone wanting to get involved with this, but I think I'd rather get my information from the above sources who have professional magicians and writers on staff to give us the best information possible. I believe that unless you have any of the aforementioned resources you will only come off looking like something similar to a high school newspaper. This isn't to suggest that you not move forward with this, just that you put more thought and creativity into to it and make sure it has something that none of the previously mentioned ones do not. Good luck.

John

Well Jcherry the thing that I was going to probably think about doing is having a live cerca trova like chat where the viewers at home can debate and give there opinions. See now about 3/4 of this forums are non professional magicians an highschoolers I might not be a well known person nor do I have a great reputation like themagiccafe.

What I was going to aim for was a viewer run show. Maybe have people who are great in certain aspects of magic like Cardistry, Card magic, Coin magic, Performance in general give tips and advice to people who want it. IDK it was just a thought.

Jul 10, 2008
Ok then, along those lines, how would this be set up? Are talking a weekly/monthly chat/jam session? Or, basically holding a live meeting type of session? One with a presenter and moderator? I think something along the latter would work if it was a regularly scheduled session. If it would be something similar to JM's chats, yet more structured with main topics for the night and an agenda then I think it could work. It would take a lot of work from the contributors to set up each session, but I think it could be done by dedicated people. Is this what you're thinking?

John

Yeah I was thinking about just having it be a kind of controlled chaos of sort. Like a method to my madness type of thing. If other people have ustream accounts I do not see a reason why they cannot be on the chat or the news show but only in particular time periods.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results