Help on Selecting a Product Please

Dec 15, 2008
Modesto, Califorrnia
You know... Most of the "extra-smart" people criticizing here share the blame.

There are two converging factors here that make this phenomenon easy to wrap one's head around:

1. A majority of the time, these are young kids bombarded by the newest, coolest thing. There are obviously varying levels of maturity, but if you don't have a good group of magician friends or a mentor, and you get your supplies/ideas online, of course younger people are going to gravitate to the coolest produced thing. Maybe it's extra-annoying to some when they post uninformative questions about which products to buy (or have their parents buy), but can you really, honestly not see why this is happening?

2. I rarely see people posting in these type of threads a recommendation of where to buy a book with some of the source material for the move in it. Perhaps, instead of a sarcastic thread that some of the targets won't comprehend anyway, one could post a suggestion for a better book that contains some of the moves in the area the person was talking about. Or perhaps one could ignore it completely. The condescending, "better than thou" attitude is, quite frankly, just as frustrating.

I agree with you, that's why I hardly ever even think about posting. It's unavoidable, the internet is over a billion people; all race, all ages, all genders, everything colliding. Yes, that includes 5th graders who obviously, want the coolest thing out there? What kid DIDN'T want something "cool" when they were little? Sometimes you just can't tell them something that seems almost oblivious to us, but were you so different when you were young? It's like telling me when I was 12 years old to read the instruction manual to super mario brothers 3 before putting the cartridge in the system.

I really liked the "better than thou" line there, it really summarizes a lot of the different internet community out there, but, alas, that is bound to happen in each and every community.

May 19, 2008
manchester
product y is really awesome THEY MADE IT IN FRICKIN BLACK N WHITE.

product x is OKAY, but seriously, go with the classics like me and get product y. it is supposed to be a future classic lol, this guy at this magic shop thingy said so, hes really good, hes like 10 wich is abit weird though.

i give a 1/1 for Y (cos I havnt done it yet, but its in black n white) and a -1/1 for X, cos it means you gotta do some thing called a dooble lift! wtf is a dooble lift anyway!

thats my review for them anyways. :) ;) :) ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results