Magicians to see in Las Vegas?

Mar 10, 2008
So I'm going to Vegas in mid-April. Is there any place in particular I should go (shops) AND are there any magicians I should check out??

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Funny you ask - I'm in Vegas (at theory11 HQ) as we speak. Definitely check out the Copperfield show. I was fortunate enough to see it last night for the first time ever and it was phenomenal. An amazingly structured show in an intimate theater at the MGM.

Aside from DC, I've also heard nothing but good things about Penn & Teller's show.

Funny. A friend of mine paid 200 dollars a person to go see Copperfeild with his family when he came to Boston last year and everyone hated it! They said it was all kids tricks and everyone, including some kids, figured them out even though it was advertised as his usual awsome stage shows.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Funny. A friend of mine paid 200 dollars a person to go see Copperfeild with his family when he came to Boston last year and everyone hated it! They said it was all kids tricks and everyone, including some kids, figured them out even though it was advertised as his usual awsome stage shows.
If vanishing via throwing yourself into an oversized industrial fan and reappearing at the very back of the theater in the blink of an eye is a "kids trick", I'm curious as to what the balloon crafter / magician (wearing his signature 'I work for tips' button) at the local Applebees has up his sleeve.

There's a reason Copperfield sells out two shows a night, seven days a week, 365 days a year - internationally. ;)

May 31, 2008
Make sure that you see David Copperfield's show. It will be one of the greatest magic shows you will ever see, guaranteed. I went to Vegas recently and posted this thread about it:

http://forums.ellusionist.com/showth...ighlight=Vegas

Criss Angel's show doesn't have that much magic, but it's still an incredible show. If you're into Criss Angel you'll enjoy it but if you're one of those haters, don't go because it's more of the the same.

Bottom Line: See David Copperfield. Tickets are $99.99 each. GO! Because of his show I changed my signature to one of his quotes.

Funny, I remember posting this somewhere else. (E forums.)

So I'm going to Vegas in mid-April. Is there any place in particular I should go (shops) AND are there any magicians I should check out??

I highly recomend seeing P&T. Of course Burton and Copperfield are amazing acts. If you get a free afternoon Mac King or Amazing Johnathan.

Now for shows that aren't magic: See Phantom of the Opera if at all possible. Also Avenu Q is pretty funny.

Best of luck to you.

May 31, 2008
close up shows

does anyone in vegas do close up shows? I think that would be an incredible experience.

Nov 30, 2007
I went to Vegas last year and saw some great shows. I would highly recommend Mac King and Steve Wyrick. Both amazing shows! I would also recommend seeing the Houdini store at Caesar's palace, it has a nice little display for him with some of his old handcuffs, keys, etc.

P.S. Not magic related, but Red Rock Canyon is very nice to see.

Jan 28, 2009
I was in Vegas over the new year, and I agree with the illustrious CEO of Theory 11. Copperfields show is absolutely jaw dropping. It made my new years day. Kids magic? wth?

Anyways, I'd recommend going to see that show.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results