Ishkabibble Sandwich by Eric Jones :: RELEASED

D

Deleted member 2755

Meh, a cool effect but super easy to figure out.

-Michael

Well think of this from a layman's perspective. You already know how a lot of card magic works and you have the advantage of watching this preview over and over. I think I know how it works just by watching as well. (Of course i don't know the exact mechanics.) When performing, a layman would see the performance once and that's it. A layman would also not be able to figure this out.

I'd use this as a sleight in an ambitious card routine. I wouldn't use this is as a routine like Eric did in the preview. Well I like this 1 on 1. I think its pretty awesome. I won't be getting this for a long while though. I have too much magic for myself to handle right now as it is.:rolleyes:

-Doug

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I just watched the download and have been playing around. It's worth picking up, it's the little subtleties and nuances that Eric teaches that really makes the effect.

It's a real worker and I look forward to playing with it out there in the real world!:p

D.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Well think of this from a layman's perspective. You already know how a lot of card magic works and you have the advantage of watching this preview over and over. I think I know how it works just by watching as well. (Of course i don't know the exact mechanics.) When performing, a layman would see the performance once and that's it. A layman would also not be able to figure this out.

I'd use this as a sleight in an ambitious card routine. I wouldn't use this is as a routine like Eric did in the preview. Well I like this 1 on 1. I think its pretty awesome. I won't be getting this for a long while though. I have too much magic for myself to handle right now as it is.:rolleyes:

-Doug

I meant from a magicians perspective. I watched the preview once and was able to figure the mechanics out to a tee. A lot of people seemed to like this one I personally don't, thats life.

-Michael

Mar 29, 2008
The point isn't that I figured it out. The point is it is easy to figure out. Why don't I do a French Drop and sell it to you for $10 bucks.

-Michael

a force and reveal is extremely easy to figure out, but it works so good, hmm....

Eric, great stuff, now get out some new coin magic(dont reveal the stuff in your notes or on dvd, I want to keep that to myself)

Sep 2, 2007
Love the 1-on-1 - simply an amazing and visual sandwich effect. For me, it is absolutely worth the price; the download is fun to watch, the teaching is excellent, with details and nuances that make the effect - from a layman's perspective - superb and impossible. And, at the end of the day, that's what really counts - the effect on spectators.

Amazing work, looking forward to more, ... and now it's time to practice!

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Yes, yes I am.
If our goal was to release material that fools magicians, our site would be product-less. That's not been our goal - and never will be. To quote Carly Simon, this song's not about you. It's not about me, either. It's about the spectator. It's about the audience.

When was the last time someone's showed anything to Chris Kenner and fooled him? [Ironically, he is a HUGE fan of this sandwich routine and Eric's work in general.] If you don't personally like it... that's okay. But compare this to the majority of sandwich routines on the market - night and day. No argument.

Has magic really become nothing but an attempt to fool one another? What happened to the audience? In my opinion, this looks as visual as a sandwich effect could be. The card appears to visually POP in between the two indifferent cards in a way that makes it look stunningly real. For spectators, that is worth it's weight in gold.

Yes, yes I am.

-Michael

Wow....this is an all time low on here. wow.

Michael,

This is not to be mean, but you are really showing your ignorance now. You're comparing a simple sleight that is easily learned in a beginners magic book, to a seriously kick ass routine that has been tried and tested for years! This isn't something that Eric pulled out of a hat and thought, hey, let's make this the next 1-on-1! No...this is something that he's been performing, refining, and tweaking since it's conception and now, this is the final product (knowing Eric though, that is never possible).

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

That statement applies very nicely to your post, IMO. I suggest you make a donation to Theory11 now for wasting their bandwidth with such an inane post.

Best.
Steve

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Yes, yes I am.

-Michael

I think that's a bit ridiculous. There's at least 3 or 4 cool sleights Eric teaches in the download and it is a routine that I can see working extremely well in the real word, I'm sure Eric's had great success with it.

I'm not a fan of sandwich routines, but I picked this up because it looks great, the visuals are great, the flow is great and the choreography is perfect.

It takes a lot of time and working to craft a solid routine like this - If you don't like it, that's fine, but don't insult some one's hard work.

Either way, [dada da dadaaaa] I'm loving it.

Respec.

D.

EDIT: Well, two separate posts appeared before mine... I swear they weren't there a second ago... :s

rebuttal

Good day gents...

I just wanted to take a couple of moments to comment on what i've been reading about some of my work. To those who seem to like this effect, thank you. It's a workhorse routine directly from my walk-around repertiore. It's actually a part of a much longer routine, inspired by both Curtis Kam's Sandwich Mov-A-Thon and Joe Rindfleish's Tossed Up Sandwich. What you see in this video is only one of several applications for the production of a selection from between two other cards. Many more variations yet to be discussed...

To those of you who saw the video, and weren't impressed, I'm sorry it doesn't look as good on camera as it would if we were face to face. As stated elsewhere on this site, this routine is quick, visual, modular, practical and most of all magical. If this isn't your cup of tea, I'm sure I have other ideas coming through this amazing site that may suit your tastes. If not, thanks for taking the time to watch the video and post your thoughts. Your comments, both good and adverse, stimulate my thought process.

Please keep the CONSTRUCTIVE critiques coming, and thank you all for making me feel at home here @ Theory11.

E-ROC

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Wow this looks amazing... especially the last phase. It seems like you would learn a lot of little subtilties that make this look so amazing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results