Oblique Double Lift

Hey Guys,

About a year ago, i wanted to create a new double lift the doesn't look awkward in any manner. and also to really make it look like just one card... i finally figured out a method, and i call it Oblique. take a look at it, and tell me what you think of it. im still doing some touch ups, so if you have any advice or ways to improve it, please let me know. sorry for the video being glitchy, i don't know what is wrong with my camera.

Oblique

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
That looks phenominal. That's a really really common way to have a card selected, and the way you take it out is just as casual as you would be with a single. I wish I knew how it was done so I could use it, with your permission of course. haha

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Very well performed a brilliant handling! I have also came up with a similar DL, involving a similar method to yours I believe. Ill shoot you up a PM.

-DL

I worked out the same tech. months ago and have couple of variations ( without closing spread, from riffle .. etc ) , later I watched TV clip of a Latin magician who used it as well ( a past FISM winner, whos I'll post his name if I recall it. also, there another one with an account called natureg0d who worked out something that have the same external look, but done from a riffle, slightly different.

It might be published somewhere, maybe ascanio?. Point is, many worked out similar concepts. Keep thinking though.

Oct 25, 2008
Norway
I liked it. Alot. I sat there, just waiting for you to do the double lift, and then suddenly the video was over! Hehe. I didn't see it at all. It was natural and deceptive. You've came up with a really nice double lift there!

Would you ever consider making a tutorial for it?

I liked it. Alot. I sat there, just waiting for you to do the double lift, and then suddenly the video was over! Hehe. I didn't see it at all. It was natural and deceptive. You've came up with a really nice double lift there!

Would you ever consider making a tutorial for it?

probably not. i'm going to keep working on this DL until it is perfect.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
probably not. i'm going to keep working on this DL until it is perfect.

That is very intelligent of you. When you have a gem it's best to just keep working with it more and more. Keep it to yourself. Thank you for sharing the vid though. It's an extremely deceptive lift. Great work.

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
I like, it was pretty natural indeed. Are the angles pretty good if I'm a spectator directly across from you?

And where did you get that green/black wristband?
I have a belt like that..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results