How many cards to you take out when flourishing?

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
De'vo's XB's Pro-Tip Section recommends one take out 3 or so cards out of the deck to make flourishes easier.

I love using Tallys, Masters, or Guardians (with a smidge of fanning powder on them... can't seem to get a good fan, under pressure, or ribbon spread without).

To get an increase in speed, I find I actually need to take out 8 or so cards.

Just curious how many cards other people in the forum take out when they flourish... if they take any out at all.

Dan and Dave, if you read this, would love to hear how many you take out if any.

Thanks

Sep 22, 2007
When i started out, I used about.. 3/4ths of the deck, but now I just use the whole deck.

yeah i always use a full deck (excluding Jokers) i've always liked the fact that in a worst case senario if someone says "cool, can you do a magic trick?" even if i have a fully powdered deck i can still do something with a full deck in hand. instead of having to say "well its an incomplete deck." ... i guess you dont have to say that and do a trick anyway ... but thats just the way i look at it.

but what ever feels comfortable to you while you flourish is fine.

Sep 1, 2007
go ahead and try learning everything with ALL cards every time like the posters above. as you flourish with a full pack, you'll be shootin cards off and bending some, crimping some, just throw em away as you go and you'll eventually get to a lot less cards, then start up with a new pack.

This is a great tip!!!

I always remove cards before even magic. There's really no need and your hurting yourself to begin with. One, a lot of people's hands are already small compared to what they'd like to be to do proper thumb cuts and giant pressure fans. Second, it's just to so easy to do, unless your extremely anal who HAS to have all 52 cards present to feel as if he proving more than if he removes 3 or 4 cards. No one is going to care or notice, a pack is a pack of playing cards. If you don't get that it does help, try to hold 60 cards in your hand and do charlier cuts. A little bit harder than usual? Now, when learned the charlier cut what's one tip everyone SHOULD give you on learning the cut? Use half a pack. It's so much easier and less drops occur that way because you have less objects to manipulate. Removing 3 or 4 is operating in the same way, except it's a lesser jump. Try it for a several performances and you'll see what I mean.

I would definatley take none out while practicing. It really makes you work hard to learn the moves and such. Then when you perform (strickly speaking cardistry) take like 5 out and it'll increase your spead. It's like endurance training. When it comes to doing magic when requested afterwards, 5 cards wont truly hurt you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results