Mind Power deck review

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
Mind power deck - John Kennedy

The effect: The magician attempts to read the spectators mind and thought of card. The magician spreads or fans the cards on a table. The spectator concentrates on one card only. The magician is able to accurately guess the name of the card. You can spread to show the card has vanished - but that is not included in the effect.
This effect is very similar to Derren Brown's smoke.

The method: The method of this effect is genius in my opinion. No complicated memory work, this trick is basically self-working. There is a gimmick involved but it is very clever and probably what you least expect.

I have used this effect quite frequently in my act. I highly recommend this effect for anyone interested in Mentalism type effect utilizing.

It is a very easy effect to do, which allows you to concentrate on your performance. If you can spread cards and read, you can do this effect.

May 3, 2008
The deck is great but I think it is a bit overpriced. If you can afford it, get it. And it is used in Smoke.

Sep 25, 2008
I bought this 5 years ago was one of my first purchases.
All in all it is a bit overpriced but awsome effect.. So how is smoke ? Pretty much the same or different enough to warrant a purchase?

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
I bought this 5 years ago was one of my first purchases.
All in all it is a bit overpriced but awsome effect.. So how is smoke ? Pretty much the same or different enough to warrant a purchase?

you can use this deck to perform smoke. you cannot buy smoke as an individual effect. You have to buy either Pure effect or the devils picture book. Overpriced, maybe, but it is worth it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results