Invisible Enough?

Nov 30, 2008
India
actually I modified this pass for my magician friends lol actually they know the dribble pass so they weren't expecting this its was more or less a magicain fooler effect for them. Yes I realize it has to be done for smoothly I'm still working on it anyways thanks to all of you for your comments

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I agree with whoever said it could be smoother. The control, if it's what it appears to be, has been done. You did it very well, but the hand movement at the end could raise suspicion.

I can see it working 95%+ of the time against laymen and fooling magicians who have yet to find that variation.

Good work though, creating new things (even if they're old things) is a step many magicians never take.

-Rik

Nov 30, 2008
India
Regarding the hand movement at the end its cancelled out by some misdirection. On a video its hard to misdirect yourself lol. So it looks kinda out of place in the video but in realtime on the streets it works perfectly fine.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Regarding the hand movement at the end its cancelled out by some misdirection. On a video its hard to misdirect yourself lol. So it looks kinda out of place in the video but in realtime on the streets it works perfectly fine.

I don't doubt that it works. I've gone through a deck, pulled out someones card and placed it on top in front of them before. They were amazed it got to the top. My friend still owes me ten dollars.

You asked us to let you know if it was invisible enough.

Nothing was seen, but it could use a lot of work.

I'm actually happier knowing you get away with such a jerky movement, if you misdirect that well then you are probably doing something right.

The problem: There are people who have misdirection down to such an art they can literally steal someones necktie and put it on themselves without the person noticing anything has gone on.
If they were to misdirect so well, but not perfect the movements necessary to take someone's tie off without them noticing, they're still going to fail.

Just because you can misdirect doesn't mean you won't meet someone who isn't distracted. This is why some sleights are practiced for months and even years before performing them, even though you can misdirect-you shouldn't have to.

Just my two cents.

-Rik

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results