Aggressive Expansion

Mar 16, 2009
USA
(Dark Knight reference if you didn't catch it ^in the title.)
So I want to get one of the three larger options that follow... (#1)-get some effects that have a mentalism feel such as d+M or W:H (Thread, Control, Stigmata) and just more all-around close-up magic feel. OR (#2)-Get True Astonishments by Paul Harris...OR (#3)- save it for future products like Totally Out of Control dvd, the Bill Goodwin dvd ect... So should i get some single products, get TA, or wait for future projects while i just get a few small things now like downloads, a pack of Loops, maybe some Prohands ect..? You don't really need to make the choice for me, but your opinions will help a lot with my decision. My point to all of this is that i want to expand in magic and be able to be more of an all around close-up magician, that just so happens to have a specialty in cards ;). Thanks in advance!

P.S. Has anyone performed a signed coin bend for a crowd? If so, how were the reactions and whats your opinion on signed coin bends. I know there is one on TA and there are a few you can buy just by themselves.

May 19, 2008
manchester
buy mark wilsons complete course (if you dont have it) buy royal road, fundementals, 13 steps, bobos book. if you have them, get AOA if you dont have it.

Sep 1, 2007
(#1)-get some effects that have a mentalism feel such as d+M or W:H (Thread, Control, Stigmata)

If this is what the new generation of magicians consider to be mentalism, then I fear that Theo Anneman may rise from his grave and murder us all by the next full moon.

So should i get some single products, get TA, or wait for future projects while i just get a few small things now like downloads, a pack of Loops, maybe some Prohands ect..?

If you really want to get a crap-ton of stuff and learn about mentalism, your best bet is going to be Docc Hilford's Monster Mentalism series. No filler, all brilliant methods, and performed by a class act who knows how to actually connect with an audience.

Prior to that though, get Bob Cassidy's Fundamentals. That is a no-bull**** intro to mentalism that should be in every performer's library.

Jan 9, 2008
Sacramento
If this is what the new generation of magicians consider to be mentalism, then I fear that Theo Anneman may rise from his grave and murder us all by the next full moon.

I enjoy your sense of humor... and second the series. pretty intense. But if he's looking for mentalism in his sense of the word then he's not really looking for mentalism. So maybe you don't want those dvds... but you should.

Mar 16, 2009
USA
buy mark wilsons complete course (if you dont have it) buy royal road, fundementals, 13 steps, bobos book. if you have them, get AOA if you dont have it.

13 steps sounds good and I've been recommended it several times, and I'm already deep into card magic and cardistry for everyone's information if you were talking about royal road to card magic.

Thanks for the input guys and I probably will get the TOOC book now. By Wayne Houchin effects I meant that some of the kind of have a mentalism feel and i like Wayne's effects. The point is to expand from card magic but not just buy one effect.

As far as books go I'm going to NYC amd Tannens next month and on their site they had some books like 13 steps so I'll wait till i go there for some stuff.

Do you think AOA would be as good as TA?

May 19, 2008
manchester
dee chritopher has one ;) 13 steps is really good.

the AOA books are just awesome, dunno about TA but their just really good.

I heard carneycopia is good (tumbleweed, dont you like this one?)

Mar 19, 2009
Calgary, AB
Well

If your looking for some of the best magic that has ever come out.. get TA it a investment that worth triple the amount being charged for. Trust me you wont be disappointed with your choice...

I also suggest checking into some old school guys like Larry Becker.. he has alot of card magic that mentalism based.

Hope that helps!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results