Osh Negash B' Gosh Performance

Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
I felt like it was a little slow paced and very low on energy. It just seemed like now i will do this, in a very uninteresting tone. Also try not to talk so much before the video it was very boring. But all around a fairly good performance.

Nov 10, 2007
True, but this is exactly what the spectator would have seen and or remembered. This was the only way I could have posted the video. I dont think I will retape it but If I decide to I will keepp that in mind.

Mar 11, 2009
I think you took too much time on the move placing the queens down, and the camera angles were a little confusing, but besides that, good job.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
I don't see the problem with the camera, becasue it's exactly how the audicne would have seen it. I thought your performance was really good, keep em coming! :)

Nov 10, 2007
Good performance, but a spectator would keep his eyes on the queens at the end, so maybe that shouldn't have been missed.

Your right that the spectator would have been keeping his eyes on the queens the whole time but keep in mind that spectator cant rewind the video a hundred times to watch it again to figure it out. That is why I did that. Please note I am not trying to not take your advice I am just simply staing the facts.
Thanl you
- Donald

Jan 8, 2009
Shouldn't this be moved to the Card Magic forum?

If not, then I will start posting all of my magic videos in this discussion, and I will encourage all of my friends to do the same...

D

Deleted member 2755

Shouldn't this be moved to the Card Magic forum?

If not, then I will start posting all of my magic videos in this discussion, and I will encourage all of my friends to do the same...

Zach, you know you could easily report the thread and request it be moved, call me, PM me, or IM me.:p

Anyway, I'll move this now.

-Doug

Aug 21, 2008
not only was it boring but the moving of the camera was unecessary , completely ruined the trick. thats like putting the deck behind you back in the middle of showing a spectator a trick, learn some misdirection.
perfect your moves and you wont have to make ppl look away.
-Danny

May 3, 2008
not only was it boring but the moving of the camera was unecessary , completely ruined the trick. thats like putting the deck behind you back in the middle of showing a spectator a trick, learn some misdirection.
-Danny

You can't misdirect the camera. He however misdirected the cameraman. Whether or not it was intentional doesn't matter; it was smart.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
not only was it boring but the moving of the camera was unecessary , completely ruined the trick.
Don't give yourself that air of arrogance when you're not familiar with the subject at hand.
thats like putting the deck behind you back in the middle of showing a spectator a trick, learn some misdirection.
No it's not.
-Danny

Thing is, when you can easily press rewind and watch every single thing he does any time of the day, it becomes harder to misdirect.

You underestimate human beings.

Gustav

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
I think he did fine.

The placement of the second selection could be smoothed out a bit; if I'm not mistaken (not watching the video again, sorry), you glanced over at it when you "did the move" - some spectators will follow your eyes.

Other than that, I think you did a great job.

And as for whoever said he "talked too much at the beginning of the video, it was boring" and that he "shouldn't misdirect"...

WTF?

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
One little thing that I would add is don't dribble the cards after the two cards have transposed I mean it is natural and I do it all the time with the deck in hand but it sort of flashed at the method. And no I did not watch the thing over and over it was just sticking out like a sore thumb. By doing things like dribbling cards and riffling it draws the spectators to look at them. That is why a good riffle or dribble pass is almost completed as the action is done, because it focuses the attention after the move and not before it.

You showed the 2C appearing on the face of the deck and proceeded to dribble the cards the attention was there already and to do something that points out a discrepancy is never a good thing. (Aside) When reading the Paper Engine try riffling the cards to show a casual nature whilst tilting them to hide that discrepancy.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results