Critics: it's time..

EJ

Mar 4, 2008
Canada
Pretty good. It was performed a tad to quick. Try slowing it down, especially when it comes to the part when you pull the thread. Other than that, well done!

Jun 22, 2008
It was good, it also could benefit from a bit more acting when the string goes from the mouth to the eye, I feel like it happened very quickly. It seems like if you COULD get string to go from your mouth to your eye it would take a bit, and also be a bit more painful or uncomfortable. Just my thoughts, keep it up.

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
Pretty straight forward effect, but you did it well. One thing I would work on is pulling the thread into your mouth. You can clearly see you 'lapping' the thread in, where I would like to see it look more fluid, as if you are pulling it out of your eye, and it is thus it is being drawn into your mouth. Others have said to slow down, but when performing for an audience I'm sure you will have a presentation, patter and some more drama so I dont see the pacing as a huge problem.

May 3, 2008
That was no different then the other 200 performances on youtube... No drama or even speech. Wayne has put out an amazing effect and I don't think these videos that I've seen of it have done it any justice. You're pulling a f*ckin string from your eye, but now it seems that everyone has trivialized the whole idea.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hmm. My first thought was this: What was magical about it? If I think about how I would define magic, that wasn't it. As a couple of people have said, timing is one issue. Another, is that I don't believe you when you pull out thread from your eye. It looks like you've gotten a loose eyelash, that's what your expression looked like, I didn't feel the thread enough, and I didn't feel like you believed you were pulling thread from your eye.

Oct 22, 2008
That was no different then the other 200 performances on youtube... No drama or even speech. Wayne has put out an amazing effect and I don't think these videos that I've seen of it have done it any justice. You're pulling a f*ckin string from your eye, but now it seems that everyone has trivialized the whole idea.

Man comn down! I didn't ask for you to go off on me like it's the worst vid ever, I just wanted advice on how to make my performance better.

-Jake

Oct 22, 2008
Hmm. My first thought was this: What was magical about it? If I think about how I would define magic, that wasn't it. As a couple of people have said, timing is one issue. Another, is that I don't believe you when you pull out thread from your eye. It looks like you've gotten a loose eyelash, that's what your expression looked like, I didn't feel the thread enough, and I didn't feel like you believed you were pulling thread from your eye.

yes, thanks ill try to act a little more like it is extremely painful next time. Good advice.

-Jake

May 3, 2008
Man comn down! I didn't ask for you to go off on me like it's the worst vid ever, I just wanted advice on how to make my performance better.

-Jake

Didn't want to sound mean, but I'm a little angry at how everyone keeps putting up the same pointless video. I just feel that this is an effect that deserves an audience. Anyway, most of what I think has been said. Slow down. Pause several beats before pulling it out. Make it look as if it's difficult because you're pulling a string from your eye; making it look easy kills the entire thing. I'm sugarcoating this but that's my advice. I hope you find it more helpful then my first post.

Oct 22, 2008
yes thanks to everyone for their kind words. And coming back to people saying that there are alot of vids like this, i totally agree. I really wasn't trying to show off my skills of this effect, as i've said in other replies, just needed a little advice. And yes I do this all the time live and it's prob one of my favorite tricks. So from what i hear as one big thing is to slow down and i will deff take that to mind.

:)

thanks

-Jake

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
You should've performed for people instead of just the camera.
Technically,it was good.
But performing something like this isnt about technique,but how,what you say to an audience.
Your acting.So us critiquing this isnt really going to help you.

Oct 22, 2008
You should've performed for people instead of just the camera.
Technically,it was good.
But performing something like this isnt about technique,but how,what you say to an audience.
Your acting.So us critiquing this isnt really going to help you.

i pm'ed you a live performance i filmed a month or two ago

-Jake

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results