Ellusionist Product Opinion

Mar 20, 2009
Al Wakrah, Qatar
Hey all,

I've been thinking about buying some stuff from ellusionist and I need your opinion about the products that I am mentioning below:

1. Coin bite + rubber replacement
2. Ellusionist 10 dvd pack ( Ninja1,2, Kard Klub,etc)
3.Gibson pad
4. Black tiger mini deck
5. Paper Engine by Aaron Fisher
6. Fanning powder ( maybe)

I need your comments on these especially from those who own any of this.

And what is the best product to buy from theory11 that can be used for street magic?
Looking forward to your comments.

Aug 18, 2008
Hey all,

I've been thinking about buying some stuff from ellusionist and I need your opinion about the products that I am mentioning below:

3.Gibson pad
4. Black tiger mini deck

And what is the best product to buy from theory11 that can be used for street magic?

E usually has quality material. I cant speak for everything..but Paper Engine is an excellent book but you can get it other places besides E for cheaper. I have used their fanning powder with no complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 2, 2008
E usually has quality material. I cant speak for everything..but Paper Engine is an excellent DVD but you can get it other places besides E for cheaper. I have used their fanning powder with no complaints.

Paper engine ? DVD ? thats new

hmmm i dont see the point in fanning powder tbh, why not just buy a good deck rather than putting powder all over your card, i dont understand why anyone would want to :p

Mar 20, 2009
Al Wakrah, Qatar
I got Paper Engine from LeeAsher.com it was cheap, and so was the shipping.

The problem is that I live in Qatar and the shipping charge to Qatar is around 40$. That's about 125Qr here.

So Whenever i buy something from ellusionist. I try to buy all that i need at once.

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Simple and easy. If you like the effect, go for it. I personally don't perform this one.

The 10 DVD pack will have quality DVDs in it. Great buy. Depending on skill level, I'd recommend getting them one at a time, though, so you don't get tempted to rush through. One the other hand, getting them together will save money. Your call.

3.Gibson pad
Are you regularly performing at tables? If yes, decide if it will benefit you, which is determined by what tricks you perform. I don't use one even though I'm regularly at tables.

4. Black tiger mini deck
Depends on why you are getting a mini deck. I rarely find magicians who have use for it.

Go for it...unless you are just starting at magic.

Use some decks first and decide if you'll need it. Most magicians don't. For the most part it's just people who do cardistry that use it, and even then, some don't. You'll have to experiment.

What effects do you like? Get the ones you like. How the reactions will be on the street is 100% dependent on you, and you're most likely to present it better if you like it more.

Mar 20, 2009
Al Wakrah, Qatar
Simple and easy. If you like the effect, go for it. I personally don't perform this one.

The 10 DVD pack will have quality DVDs in it. Great buy. Depending on skill level, I'd recommend getting them one at a time, though, so you don't get tempted to rush through. One the other hand, getting them together will save money. Your call.

3.Gibson pad
Are you regularly performing at tables? If yes, decide if it will benefit you, which is determined by what tricks you perform. I don't use one even though I'm regularly at tables.

4. Black tiger mini deck
Depends on why you are getting a mini deck. I rarely find magicians who have use for it.

Go for it...unless you are just starting at magic.

Use some decks first and decide if you'll need it. Most magicians don't. For the most part it's just people who do cardistry that use it, and even then, some don't. You'll have to experiment.

What effects do you like? Get the ones you like. How the reactions will be on the street is 100% dependent on you, and you're most likely to present it better if you like it more.

The mini deck is for my 10 year old brother. He can't handle the normal cards very well.

And i try to save as much as i can when i buy stuff online.

The fanning powder- yeah, i guess its not needed.

And i was thinking about getting thread by Wayne Houchin and the Andthensome+trilogy collection by dan and dave.

Anyways thanks for your opinion.

Jun 22, 2008
Paper Engine is a great book, if you consider yourself an intermediate or advanced card handler it is a must have.

Hey all,

1. Coin bite + rubber replacement Think to yourself, are you really gonna perform this?
2. Ellusionist 10 dvd pack ( Ninja1,2, Kard Klub,etc) For sure, these DVDs are good resources
3.Gibson pad Useful for pracrice, but are you gonna carry it around?
4. Black tiger mini deck Do you really need this?
5. Paper Engine by Aaron Fisher Put it first on your order :D
6. Fanning powder ( maybe) PASS.

Enjoy . .

Dec 15, 2008
Modesto, Califorrnia
Hey man, I understand shipping is an usual, (as it always is). But honestly, that's alot of money to throw down at one time, especially when, I'm assuming your interest in magic is still in the beginning phases (based on the fact you're buying the 10 dvd pack). I wouldn't put down THAT much money on an order for something that's still kind of iffy for you.

That said..

1. I don't really like the coin bite thing too much, it's cool for awhile but there are a lot of other stuff you could do instead that's more fascinating or interesting. But if it's your thing, by all means, go for it.

2. This is one I'm somewhat opposed to. No mistake about it, Brad is one of the BEST teachers you'll ever get (I'm probably gonna get railed for this one, but I stand by my opinion), especially if you're brand new to magic.. I really don't think anyone does as good of a job teaching as he does. But really, once you gain some experience, you can learn from other resources at a much better value.

3. I would say just look for a magic store in Qatar and buy it from a local magic store.. but then again, if you're going to be purchasing at all from E, might as well get it. That or just make your own pad.

4. I would have to say pass on this one, just let your brother practice on normal cards. Mini decks handle nothing like normal decks.

5. I don't have it, but I heard a lot of good things about it.

6. Pass on the fanning powder unless you're huge into that kind of stuff.

Anyways, I suggest you looking up alternative methods to purchasing things, such as ebooks and downloadable videos rather than pay that insane shipping. I have a hard time coming to terms with myself and paying 4.95 shipping for a deck of cards. Let alone 40 or mo.

Jan 28, 2009
Belgium, Antwerp
Hey all,

3.Gibson pad
4. Black tiger mini deck

If you are looking for strong reactions for street magic visit danielmadison.co.uk
Identity ownes, but if you don't like gimmicks.. yea ONE or D+M's trilogy

Sep 20, 2008
I suggest you buy him bridge sized cards instead of a mini deck. Mini decks are really small.

Edit: Holo beat me to it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results