What video should I see next?

Mar 21, 2009
Im a beginner and i already saw "born to preform" what u say i should see now?
im not so bad in cards trick and i need your help.
tnx for helping......:D:D:D

just work on born to perform. like get everything down. thoes are the tricks you'll prly be doing most of the time. they are deff the core tricks. and some of the best!
maybe one of the ellusionist street dvds. crashcourse2 is good for the ambitious, but it'll also give good moves for other tricks. but stick with born to perform and work on all that stuff. very good material there. thats the first video i saw too.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I suggest you to buy a book.
Even though you already have Born to Perform.
I suggest you buy Royal Road to Card Magic or Card College.
You will seriously learn alot more than from a DVD.
If you are seriously that lazy, then buy the stuff that Chris named or buy some of Ammars Easy Card Miracles DVDs. I suggest you dont.

yea good books out there. thats where all the true secrets are. expesially*sp* the old books. now of days its easy to make a pdf and sell it, or make a dvd and sell it. but back then, the quality had to be good, to make it into a book. tarbell has alot of good stuff

Mar 7, 2008
I suggest you to buy a book.
Even though you already have Born to Perform.
I suggest you buy Royal Road to Card Magic or Card College.
You will seriously learn alot more than from a DVD.
If you are seriously that lazy, then buy the stuff that Chris named or buy some of Ammars Easy Card Miracles DVDs. I suggest you dont.

what! you will seriously learn more from a book than a dvd? this is surley just your preference and not for all.

but to the member who posted this thread - i found that when i first started crash course 2 from ellusionist was what took my card magic to the next level.highley reccomended. im not sure if your into coin magic -im not. so i dnt have any references there. but i do like mentalism,which you might be interested in, and one effect i recently picked up which is very straightforward and preety easy was a game of chance effect called '357' by tom lauten and sold under alakazam magic - its brilliant and a great routin for anywhere.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
I'd recommend getting Crash Course 2 aswell.

And please, don't get into the arguement of Books VS DVD's, it's all down to opinion, some like to visually learn, some like to learn via reading.

May 24, 2008
I say keep practicing the born to perform stuff. If you want to learn a larger array of card sleights, I actually also recommend the Ambitious Card DVD from Ellusionist (Crash Course 2).

Sep 1, 2007
I'd recommend getting Crash Course 2 aswell.

And please, don't get into the arguement of Books VS DVD's, it's all down to opinion, some like to visually learn, some like to learn via reading.

It is not an opinion that the books contain better material and a lot more valuable information than DVDs - it's a fact. Books also contain more material and are cheaper than DVDs.

I don't recommend getting Crash Course because the guy teaching there obviously doesn't know what he's doing. Get Expert Card Technique (by Hugard and Braue) instead and learn some truly amazing techniques from an incredible author.

Have a nice day :)

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
It is not an opinion that the books contain better material and a lot more valuable information than DVDs - it's a fact. Books also contain more material and are cheaper than DVDs.

I don't recommend getting Crash Course because the guy teaching there obviously doesn't know what he's doing. Get Expert Card Technique (by Hugard and Braue) instead and learn some truly amazing techniques from an incredible author.

I'm not saying that books don't have more. It's just I see alot of people flaming someone who either say's read this book or buy this dvd, and it's pointless.

well saying that he is probably a beginner, or at least tryin to get some basic stuff down. i would go with crash course 2 for a video. books are good but you need to get the right ones. sometimes in a book they will use terms like pass the card or do a double undercut, but they dont tell you or show you how. thats why dvds are good for beginners. lots of the older magicians learned their magic by working with a teacher. someone who helped them along the way. yea they did read books but seeing it is much more helpful.

Sep 1, 2007

Agreed. But actually get a copy of Expert at the Card table and memorize it. No, seriously.

Mar 21, 2009
tnx for all the help i think ill check all the two ideas books and dvds
and in the and i can take tricks and stuff from both.
if anyone want to continue this discussion its wont
be so bad this is an important subject books vs dvds
tnx again ..........

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results