Autograph

Well, I did autograph by Justin Miller, to a guy, and a week later he wants me to perform a kid show aout 30 minutes for his sons birthday party.
(I am fine with this, I have had a kid show for a long time ect..)
I dont have to much experience when it comes to kid shows, but I have done them for churches, ect.
Well anyways, I did the trick autograph to the kids dad, and then he wants me to do a gig for him April 20th.
He wants to pay me 75$, I quickly said it depends, seeing as I have done free shows for kids in the past.
(Mind you I have done paid gigs before)
But I am not sure what to charge, for a
quality, 30 minute kid show.
What do you charge?
I know about contracts ect, I dont have a contract made up for a kid show, but I talked to the guy, and he talked to my mom. And everyone fells one is not needed.
(I will still talk to my moms layer about it anyways.)
but really I am asking, what do you charge?
thanks so much.

Jun 22, 2008
I got $150/hr for my last gig at a charity event. So for a 30 min show thats pretty much the same pay, I'd say its a decent rate.

sponge balls. hummer card. some money stuff. cause yea you are there for the kids but adults will be watching too.
maybe do some coloring book stuff.
thats a cheap trick.
my friend said do something with kazoos kids love thoes.
how old is the kid?

I want to get paid to perform

I have been doing magic for about a year now.. I can do some good sleight of hand stuff with cards.. I am not GREAT or nothing.. I have read erdnase and have studies alot of videos..

Anyways I would LOVE to get paid to perform and do magic for people.. Whether it would be birthday parties.. Or restaurants, or charity events, or dinners or whatever...

My ? to you is how would I get started??? How would I want to goa bout and get started performing for people?? I live in PA.. In harrisburg.. We have a magic shop in town.. There is no where you can go and see magic at all. I would lvoe to work restaurants.. How would I go about starting... Go to the restaurant and talk to the owner and perform for hima nd see if he will hire me?? I don't know??? What should I do to get started performing?? Any IDEAS???

My ? to you is how would I get started??? How would I want to goa bout and get started performing for people?? I live in PA.. In harrisburg.. We have a magic shop in town.. There is no where you can go and see magic at all. I would lvoe to work restaurants.. How would I go about starting... Go to the restaurant and talk to the owner and perform for hima nd see if he will hire me?? I don't know??? What should I do to get started performing?? Any IDEAS???

Read 'How to get gigs and keep clients', all of them. That should answer every question you'll ever have. Andthensome.

Thanks guys! I apriciate all the help! I am sure to post pictures in this thread after the show :D.
I just really wanted to know if this was a good price or not! Thanks everyone!
I forgot about hummer card, its not in my routine, so I probably wont add it, but what could be a good back-up for the hummer card?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
You guys are killing me with these low ball prices. A good quality kids show for most experienced guys is around $100-200 and yes people pay that kind of money. At least around my area they do. And that is just middle class people in Ohio.

I understand cutting friends and coworkers a special rate,but I would definitely up your prices depending on your experience level and how good you think your entertainment value is. Now...if you are just starting out and not sure what you are worth...I would still charge at least $75 bucks.

I just got a 3 hour balloon sculpting gig and it is paying $300 for 2 and a half hours of work.

Just food for thought. I know this topic has been discussed before and most veterans will probably agree with me that even some of them are getting close to $200-$500 a show depending on the venue.

As far as kid show suggestions I use the following:
spongeballs, magic coloring book, change bag routine, hat tears, stratosphere, haunted hanky or glorpy, D'lites are great if you have the right lighting, a stiff rope, etc.

Good luck and have fun. Let the kids laugh and don't be afraid to act a little silly and crazy yourself. They love that stuff.

Thanks reverhart! I have done alot of gigs, busk, street magic.
(Mainly Busking is what I do)
And I perform for alot of kids, (Parents with kids always like to stop).
But Iam just a little nervious this time because its specificaly for kids.
And they guy cut me an awesome deal on a phone. (He works for verizon)
So I told him. "Your a good guy, You cut me a deal, I want to cut you one also! I would love to perform at your sons birthday, I would charge you 75$"
Thanks agian guys :D

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Hey no problem man. I didn't realize he had cut you a good deal on a cell phone as well. In that case yes...75 bucks is a good rate for a half hour kid's show. Have fun and tear it up man.

Well, I did autograph by Justin Miller, to a guy, and a week later he wants me to perform a kid show aout 30 minutes for his sons birthday party.
(I am fine with this, I have had a kid show for a long time ect..)
I dont have to much experience when it comes to kid shows, but I have done them for churches, ect.
Well anyways, I did the trick autograph to the kids dad, and then he wants me to do a gig for him April 20th.
He wants to pay me 75$, I quickly said it depends, seeing as I have done free shows for kids in the past.
(Mind you I have done paid gigs before)
But I am not sure what to charge, for a
quality, 30 minute kid show.
What do you charge?
I know about contracts ect, I dont have a contract made up for a kid show, but I talked to the guy, and he talked to my mom. And everyone fells one is not needed.
(I will still talk to my moms layer about it anyways.)
but really I am asking, what do you charge?
thanks so much.
i think its about fair...good luck and kill em dead....have fun.....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results