How does this routine sound?

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I guess it's not really a routine persay, but do these 3 seem to flow well?
Opener - a simple sandwich, Aaron Fisher
Middle - Search and Destroy, Aaron Fisher
Closer - The Visitor, Larry Jennings

opener

You could start it with a little acr -two or three simple tricks- and put it in a story. David Regal for ex. tells the spectator to train his card as a dog, and when the spectator calls his "dog" he comes to the top. After you make that ~three times, you could start search and destroy and appear that the dog isn't coming anymore, and since it listens only to the spectator, you will hire two cards and with the help of the spectator they will find it. And then continue to the visitor with something like that... I think that the acr goes quite good with s&d, but thats me, so...

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I love A Simple Sandwich.. Nice choice to follow it with Search & Destroy. Not sure it's fast enough to be an opener though, it feels like a middle piece.

Yeah, thats what I;ve noticed when perofrming this. Simple sandwich is strong, but not really an eye catcher.
I;m going to start opening with ishkabibble sandwich. It's so visual!

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
sorry I didn't reply to this sooner. I don't think you should do simple sandwich as an opener because i feel that it should be part of search and destroy. that would be a great middle piece if you have them combined. I don't know about the ishkabibble as an opener. seems like sandwich overkill. If you can make it work it sounds fine to me.

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
sorry I didn't reply to this sooner. I don't think you should do simple sandwich as an opener because i feel that it should be part of search and destroy. that would be a great middle piece if you have them combined. I don't know about the ishkabibble as an opener. seems like sandwich overkill. If you can make it work it sounds fine to me.

That's what I usually do, is string Simple Sandwich and Search and Destroy together with patter.
I see what you mean, but The Visitors doesn't have the same appearance as the others. Yes, their card appears sandwiched, but it's no the classic "let's find your cards with these cards." It has a different magical effect, because of the card jumping back and forth.
The theme and presentation sets The Visitors off a little from the other effects.
Hope that made some sense lol.

[R.C];221563 said:
That's what I usually do, is string Simple Sandwich and Search and Destroy together with patter.
I see what you mean, but The Visitors doesn't have the same appearance as the others. Yes, their card appears sandwiched, but it's no the classic "let's find your cards with these cards." It has a different magical effect, because of the card jumping back and forth.
The theme and presentation sets The Visitors off a little from the other effects.
Hope that made some sense lol.

you could do that, and let your spectators sleep through your routine also. Maybe a nice visual opener like the iskabibble ( if you MUST use anothers routine) then explain the effect with the visitors, and finish with a good climax like collectors, or whatever else you wanna use. this routine has potienal to be VISUAL and progressively better, if you want it to be. if you dont, youll have to open a deli youll be making so many sandwiches

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results