Flight 204

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
NO, THEY ARE NOT HTE SAME METHOD!

Whether or not the Northbound DVD includs the method for the originonal Flight 204, I do not know, but the main method is different.

Both are great though.

Nov 8, 2007
Northbound is awesome. I've been performing it for years and it always gets a huge reaction. Very overlooked effect in my opinion.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Yeah, Northbound has the advantage of not using something taht Flight 204 did use. I did not find anything wrong with what 204 used, but some might. It was one of those uses of a gimmick that you would never have thought of. Like using a TT to make a card float, lol. But some people would be put off by it, but personally, I loved the aplication.

Any who, for Northbound, it eliminates the afformentioned something, and is virtully impromptu, actually, it IS impromptu depending on the vanish you use, and one other subtlty that Sean uses. Though this "subtlety" is not impromptu, it is a great convincer. BUT, just saying, for those times you don't have it "set", you can still do the effect almost identically, as long as you are wearing a necklace, and have a ring to borrow.

To echo what my man Glenn has already said, no, Flight 204 and Northbound are NOT the same method.

Flight 204 is more visual; more magical looking, but I won't lie to you, it isn't easy.

Northbound is very easy, however it doesn't have quite the same visual punch that Flight 204 does.

I have touched once again on the plot, and have gone and refined my original work on both. I hope to have a video demo to show you guys soon, but first, Fusion Remixed.

Sean

Dee, wait til you SEE it!

Fusion Remixed (working title) will make you giggle and pee a little bit. It LOOKS and FEELS like real magic. I have taken what I feel are the best concepts I have ever developed relating to the Torn & Restored Card plot, and arranged them into a practical, real world killer.

And props where they are due; David Fulde, showed me his approach to ironing out the creases, and that was the icing on the cake; I have adopted his handling of the creases into my routine.

Once I get caught up, I will post a video. Fusion Remixed looks SICK! A card doesn't come out of your arm or anything, but it still looks awesome!

Sean

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Sean, you know how into T&R I am, lol, so I can't wait either.

I'm not sure which crease removals you guys are specifically speaking of, (I've probably seen them, but just don't remember the names to which removals) but I rather liked on idea I saw where the creases were removed by lighting them on fire. Looked very nice, and I'm sure you can imagine the method, but still, very, ah hem, flashy.

Of course, you could always just skip the folding in the first place, ;) no creaeses to worry about :p

Glenn, you are gonna dig Fusion now. I have refined the handling to be cleaner, easier, and more deceptive than ever before. I have also incorporated something we discussed years ago; The Fusion Illusion.

The crease removal that we speak of is a slow motion removal; the audience actually sees you restore the creases! It is VERY slick, and really unbelievable to see. David Fulde was the first one to show me the concept, but I have recently become friends with Dan Hauss, and it seems he and a gentleman you may know from the True Astonishments set, Cheng, had also discovered the same concept, and have used to to acheive the same effect (among others) for a few years now.

Whatever, it really doesn't matter to me. Props to David, Dan, Cheng and anyone else who may have discovered this independantly. I would have never thought of this.

Also, for those who haven't seen Glenn's work on the T&R card, check out his effect Seamless. I don't know if he is still selling it, or where, but I can tell you I have seen him perform it countless times, and it always looks incredible.

Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results