What's your favorite song?

Oct 24, 2008
Savannah, GA
Song/Music has been known to inspire people to maybe create affects, make flourishing videos, etc. No harm can really come from inspiration, imo.

That's true of a lot of things that would be considered off-topic to talk about here, or at least that a bunch of 15 year-olds would come in and yell at the OP for posting. Most magicians today don't seem to draw inspiration from anywhere other than magic DVDs.

I notice, though, that this time the "that ain't 'bout no magic!" post came much later than usual, since people got to talk about themselves and things they like.

For lack of better wording "All Time Favorite".

3 Libras - A Perfect Circle

Current Favorites

Jigsaw Falling Into Place - Radiohead
The Feel Good Drag - Anberlin
Luca - Brand New
Limousine - Brand New
Get You In - Better Than Ezra
Don't Drag Me Down - Social Distortion

And about 651 other songs, and those are just the "Favs".

Sep 1, 2007
I notice, though, that this time the "that ain't 'bout no magic!" post came much later than usual, since people got to talk about themselves and things they like.

Tell me about it. I'll bet 50 bucks that most of the people aren't even reading past the first post. They're posting a favorite band or song and occasionally checking in to see if someone gave them a digital high five for their choice.

Even more depressing, think about this: By the time this thread is closed, it will have garnered more responses than Will's articles on getting clients.

Dec 29, 2008
Colorado
All time fav. Texas Flood by Stevie Ray Vaughn

But for calming the mind and for inspriation, anything from Pink Floyd, and Mozart.

Even more depressing, think about this: By the time this thread is closed, it will have garnered more responses than Will's articles on getting clients.

Ahhh that is fairly sad, although it must be kept in mind that this is an off topic discussion with an easy to answer ability, while Will's threads are long and too scary to delve into for many of the kids here. Besides, song choices are much more important than a future career :rolleyes:

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
Tell me about it. I'll bet 50 bucks that most of the people aren't even reading past the first post. They're posting a favorite band or song and occasionally checking in to see if someone gave them a digital high five for their choice.

I give you a digital high five for that. That is very true and, as you said, quite depressing. Oh well, don't want to leave everyone hanging, so I've been listening to some RAA.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I dont have one fave song but I do have one from each band/artist.
Im mostly listening right now to andrea bocellyi,sarah brightman,owl city,breathe carolina,
Clint mansell,cloud cult,cocorosie and many others.
But im really into f'ing real hardcore Sh#t again like I was in middle school.
And no.Not slipknot or mudvayne(ugh)
Its all about Have heart,Stick to your guns,ten cent pistol and Bracewar

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Barenaked Ladies- The Flag, Wind It Up, Easy, These Apples, Life in a Nutshell, Jane, King of Bedside Manor, Never Do Anything, Celebrity, Maybe Katie, Another Postcard, Leave, Aluminum, Hello City, Upside Down

Bruce Springsteen- Jungleland, Outlaw Pete, Lonesome Day, Into the Fire, The Fuse, Let's Be Friends (Skin To Skin), Worlds Apart, Thunder Road, Rosalita, E-Street Shuffle, The Rising, Paradise, Backstreets, Darnkess on the Edge of Town, Growin' Up, Good Eye, Radio Nowhere, Devil's Arcade, Kitty's Back, Gypsy Biker, Devils and Dust, The Wrestler, Life Itself, Kingdom of Days, Working on a Dream, Human Touch, and more.

Yeah, I like Bruce Springsteen... a LOT.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Ahhh that is fairly sad, although it must be kept in mind that this is an off topic discussion with an easy to answer ability, while Will's threads are long and too scary to delve into for many of the kids here. Besides, song choices are much more important than a future career :rolleyes:

They're really isnt much to respond though.
I dont want to just put a generic "hey great post man!!"

I just read them thoroughly and take note of everything.
Didnt feel a need to respond.

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
Old guy here.

My absolute favorite is "The Boxer" by Simon and Garfunkle.

Right now, though, I'm listening to the group "Abney Park".... Steampunk Airship Pirates rules!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results