Dave Buck - Quitting Magic For Film School?

Jan 28, 2009
When did Mark become an insult?

A Mark is a victim of a con, or a target of a con.

He believed it, hence he is a mark, lol.

May 18, 2008
Man, I was about to cry. I am SO glad it is April Fools day! If it wasn't, I would cry...

I still might...:eek:

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
You know what would be really funny?

If this actually wasn't a joke, and all you guys who are saying now that it is, were wrong at the end... I would laugh at that.

Oct 22, 2008
u know what... i'm not even gonna say my opinion cause i believe it and at the same time i don't. Plus I'm a twin and i just have a little hard time believing what he is saying and just making it dan's website sort of. Plus he just happened to post this on april fools so... well see!

-Jake

Feb 24, 2009
idk whats happening i almost cried though. all i know is that is this is either a good joke or its a sad day in magic/cardistry history

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Ive always known that they've had a passion for filmmaking and dave had told me (months ago)
that he had hoped to go to film school one day.
True or not,doesnt really shake my world.
In fact makes it better. Ill be sure to watch out for his films.
Oh,and I wont be nice. Ill say with total honesty my opinion of his films.
Wont praise him just for being a buck.
So heads up dave.haha

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Oh damn, this got me baaad.
Everyone at school has been trying to trip me up with April Fools stuff. This is the only one that succeeded.

Sep 3, 2007
You know what would be really funny?

If this actually wasn't a joke, and all you guys who are saying now that it is, were wrong at the end... I would laugh at that.

He sounded very sincere. Not in the way of a normal april fools gag. It is just another day to be honest. If it is an April fools joke I don't think it would be that funny. That's just me. In retrospect it's like calling your boss and saying, "hey I'm quiting my job... APRIL FOOLS!"

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
He sounded very sincere. Not in the way of a normal april fools gag. It is just another day to be honest. If it is an April fools joke I don't think it would be that funny. That's just me. In retrospect it's like calling your boss and saying, "hey I'm quiting my job... APRIL FOOLS!"

If it wasn't written with sincerety, nobody would believe it to be true.

Jul 25, 2008
Upstate New York
If it wasn't written with sincerety, nobody would believe it to be true.

Yeah I definitely agree on that one, but really, think logically about this. It just "happens" to be on the one day of the year April Fools. I mean any other day would have been possible to announce it, and apparently he just "decided" today to post this on this one particular day? Why not any other day. Also, the fact that it just says "Dan" on the website would probably never happen that quickly if this was all real.

Sep 3, 2007
Yeah I definitely agree on that one, but really, think logically about this. It just "happens" to be on the one day of the year April Fools. I mean any other day would have been possible to announce it, and apparently he just "decided" today to post this on this one particular day? Why not any other day. Also, the fact that it just says "Dan" on the website would probably never happen that quickly if this was all real.

It seems to be an April fools gag. I just think it is in bad taste but that is merely personal opinion. No disrespect intended on that.

Jul 25, 2008
Upstate New York
It seems to be an April fools gag. I just think it is in bad taste but that is merely personal opinion. No disrespect intended on that.

Yeah I know its an April fools joke, but really how gullible can people be? I mean, it could have been any other day of the month or something, but it happened to be the one day, April fools, when he posted it.

Well for you folk it may be april fools, Im a day ahead so For me its the 2nd so really I ddnt know what too think. Dan.com lol.. Random and what.. Its not dan and dave.com because Dans the main,

Try say daveanddan, Does it sound cooler? no.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results