Dave Buck is Stopping

Nov 8, 2008
Copenhagen
Have you read the news about Dave Buck?

Dear Friends, Colleagues, and Supporters,

It is with great respect that I make this announcement today, and trust that this has been a long time coming. To explain my intentions, it should be noted where this all began. When Dan and I were younger, we both began a journey together. We wanted to learn, to advance, to improve. We loved magic, and soon discovered and found an innate respect for cardistry.

Practicing this has brought us some incredible opportunities that I will forever be grateful for. We have been able to tour the world, and meet magic enthusiasts all the way from Tampa to Taiwan. We have been able to learn from and spend time with some of the best magicians in the world today, and for that I am both appreciative and eternally indebted. With great respect, however, my love of magic and the art has waned over the past several years. A fact that has caused great tumult and stress between Dan and myself, we had grown tense to the point where we would go days without speaking to each other, as my waning interest unfairly required him to pick up my slack. It was not fair to Dan, and I apologize for it.

As it is now the end of the first quarter of 2009, it is time for change. I can no longer hold myself back from my true passions, and it is no longer fair to require Dan to work double hard for the both of us. Today, I announce my resignation as co-founder of Dan and Dave and intend to enroll in film school at UCLA this fall. This decision was not made lightly, and has been the root of many heated discussions between Dan and I over the past year. While it saddens me to be leaving behind a hobby to gain a career, it would sadden me further to prevent myself to realizing the dreams of my youth.

I grew up respecting the work of Spielberg and the way that he juxtoposed intimate dialogue in stories larger than oneself. I've always wanted to recreate that feeling in others, and to inspire many more people through storytelling in film, rather than pasteboard.

I will still hereafter be involved with D&D, but only in the vein of production - not creation. Admittedly, Dan has always been the leader in that area, and I trust that he will now shine brighter than ever. To be honest with each of you, I will miss the magic community greatly. I was raised within it, and it is a part of my self. But at the same time, I believe that to succeed, we must step outside of our comfort zone and challenge ourselves.

One day I do hope to regain my love of magic, cardistry, and performance. But for now, I must say goodbye.

With respect,
Dave Buck

It can be found on their website.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I wish Dave Buck all my best in pursuit of his dream to move to Sweden and develop a currency for dogs and cats to use. Also, in no way did I write that post with Dan and Dave in about 5 minutes on April 1st. Absolutely not. No way. Not possible. Okay, maybe. April Fools - this was a fun one!

I wish Dave Buck all my best in pursuit of his dream to move to Sweden and develop a currency for dogs and cats to use. Also, in no way did I write that post with Dan and Dave in about 5 minutes on April 1st. Absolutely not. No way. Not possible. Okay, maybe. April Fools - this was a fun one!
Haha, Soo it was a last ditch effort at an April Fools joke. Well it worked I guess.

JDEN

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results