T11 iPhone forum?

Jan 13, 2008
It would make viewing the forums on my iPod Touch a lot easier...:)

Then again, it would likely be a lot of work for little gain (how many people view the forums on a portable device?).

Dec 30, 2008
It would make viewing the forums on my iPod Touch a lot easier...:)

Then again, it would likely be a lot of work for little gain (how many people view the forums on a portable device?).

Bayme himself does it every 34 seconds, he told me.

Jan 13, 2008
Bayme himself does it every 34 seconds, he told me.
That's still one out of how many? Besides, he seems to get along just fine as it is, heh. :)

Don't get me wrong, I would somewhat benefit from the board just like he would, as would a few other members. But that's the thing...it would be so few people benefiting from what would be a considerable amount of work (in respect to such a small amount of gain).

I'd much rather see their money and effort go towards new projects that would benefit everyone equally, personally.

Dec 30, 2008
That's still one out of how many? Besides, he seems to get along just fine as it is, heh. :)

Don't get me wrong, I would somewhat benefit from the board just like he would, as would a few other members. But that's the thing...it would be so few people benefiting from what would be a considerable amount of work (in respect to such a small amount of gain).

I'd much rather see their money and effort go towards new projects that would benefit everyone equally, personally.

More people may decide to use the feature if it were available though. I would get on it on my phone from time to time if I could.

I can't really say the needs to view this website from a mobile device would be worth the amount of time, effort, and resources that would be spent to develope it. I can view this site from my iTouch just fine with little to no complications, and I can check my private messages from my cell phone with acceptable speeds given the device, its age, and how beat up it is.

I think the idea is noble but I don't really see the practicality in it.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I think when I'm complaining about it being too difficult to view the forums on my iPhone, it's time to rethink things.

Hey guys,

I've never re-brought a forum back to life but I think this one should be addressed.

I think that a mobile site could be MUCH easier to navigate. Not only would it be faster, but for those of us with data plans, it would take less mb to load. Someone above said that it would take less than a day, I'm not sure if that's right, so it couldn't be too hard for the t11 crew. I'm not sure how to make a poll, so who says yes and who says no?

Aug 17, 2010
Rome, Italy
Hey guys,

I've never re-brought a forum back to life but I think this one should be addressed.

I think that a mobile site could be MUCH easier to navigate. Not only would it be faster, but for those of us with data plans, it would take less mb to load. Someone above said that it would take less than a day, I'm not sure if that's right, so it couldn't be too hard for the t11 crew. I'm not sure how to make a poll, so who says yes and who says no?

That's yes for me, I personally check the forum on a daily basis and while I'm commuting from/to work

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Hey guys,

BUMP!!!
But yeah when JB released the new site he said that everything would be mobile-friendly. I have a HTC Hero and an iPod Touch that I check the forums with constantly and it looks just fine to me.

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
I would only like an optional way to go to a proper "login" page. The popup isn't entirely friendly for my mobile.

Logging in on my Eris is a royal pain. The popup window in the middle of the screen can only be "clicked" using the trackball, and only through an archaic series of down/right maneuvering. I can't touch any of the input fields to "click" them or else the entire popup goes away.

So, I basically "mouse" to one field, enter it, "mouse" to the next all over again, enter it, start all over again to mouse to the "submit" button, and hope I don't mess anything up in the middle. The rest is a good experience -- but I'd love an alternate way to log in.

(I hate to post anything negative.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results