1337 Notes by Sean Fields

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
1337 Notes
By
Sean Fields

I will try get as much info in about these notes as i can they really are great.

Price: $24.94

Format: PDF

Where At?: http://www.seanfieldsmagic.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5

General Info: Sean Fields created an underground sensation when he first published the 1337 notes. Now they are available as a PDF download! In his uniquely entertaining fashion, Sean teaches in detail

Iced Up
Aquatic
FU2
Excised
Ultimate Epic
20 B - Low
1337p33k
Taste-icular

So here we go.

Iced Up: Freeze a bottle of water, VISIBLY!

So Sean for a while loved the Idea of somehow being able to freeze or boil water.
Method wise this is acually quite simple, it leaves alot of room for presentational ideas. Everything is examinable at the end you even have a sip before you freeze the bottle.

Aquatic: An illusory coin in bottle you have to see to believe!

The awesome thing about this coin in bottle the coin acually penetrates the bottle twice let me explain. You take the bottle and visibly pass the coin through the bottle, the spectators make sure it is really in the bottle, Then you visibly pull the coin OUT of the bottle. Now your place the coin on the table hands off it penetrates the bottom of the bottle for a 3 phase coin through bottle.
The method is great Sean goes in depth so you dont get anything wrong and made sure it was easily understandable

FU2: An incredible PIECE BY PIECE restoration of a torn, signed card!
( Hey i Just got that aswell i know what youre thinking dont lie to me )

Im sure most of you have heard of Fusion, Seans TnR, if you haven't go check it out. Fusion is one of my favourite TnR's it's impromptu.
and it can be done with a borrowed deck what more could you want.
Method wise i love it i saw the original fusion which i thought was great FU2 has some different aspects to look at and some nice touch ups It is direct and to the point Gared Crawfords Unripped is mention to be similar in some ways but is not impromptu.

Excised
: Swallow a borrowed necklace and pull it out of your stomach!

So Sean is probably best know for his wierd wacky gory effects such as Saw and SICK this is no exception check it out.

So the little description says it all, you swallow a borrowed necklace and pull it out your stomach. Now i love this kind of magic it's so "Bizzare" i guess i don't really have a word to put here.
Now this is Very practical in my opinion it uses 2 things acually 3 if you want blood. Im sure just about EVERY SINGLE MAGICIAN has one of the items needed if not go buy one either way both items are extremely easy to obtain well all 3 are.
The method there is a minor bit of set up but there are no chemicals involved so thats a plus but then you can go out and perform this puppy with a borrowed necklace. Great.

Ultimate Epic: Sean's close up take on Mental Epic!

Now for those who don't know what Mental epic is i will write the tricks descrition from the book

Three spectators are invited to participate in this latest demonstration of the agents otherworldly abilities.
The Three people are instructed to think of something.
The First Person is to think of a Person.
The Second Person is to think of a Place.
The Third person is to think of an Activity.

The Performer now brings out 3 seperate envelopes, explaining that each contains one of his buisness cards, which he will write his thoughts on and seal the envelopes.

So after writing the predictions the spectators look and they are all correct. Now and a Big seperate envelope that was in a box or somewhere the performer explains he wrote something earlier.
They open the envelope up and there is a card with a sentence including the person, place and activity!

So this packs small and plays big. Thought you will a few materials for the performance they are small lightweight so essentially easy to carry around.
So you you liked the original Mental Epic "cough" Sean Didn't "cough" you should like this one it is much simplier i would think so check it out.

20 B - Low Cause a borrowed bill to VISIBLY melt thru a glass table!

Once again this is an affect that looks exactly how it sounds you cause i borrowed bill to VISIBLY melt through a glass table oh and did i forget to mention it can be signed?

This is practically impromptu i won't go into details but im positive you have what you need anyway to perform this.
I personally have performed this a few times i don't usually find glass tables were i am hah but it its quite easy to achieve and its visual.

1337p33k
Sean's revolutionary billet technique!

So who doesnt like a good billet tear you are able to obtain ANY information that has been written on a buisness card that has been folded in a matter of moments with hopefully no suspicious movements.
Now the cool thing about this peek inparticular peek is you can see the the word clearly alot of the time. You may need to read small letters through a fold or whatnot this is pretty plain and clear. It WILL take practice i admit that but i think its worth it.

Taste-icular: Cause a bottle of water to VISIBLY morph into mouthwash!

Exactly thats what i thought when i read it for the first time.
This effect was inspired by Morgan Strebler and his effect Taste Conditions

Now you will need to buy a few things which you can all get from your local shops,grocery stores whatever you would like to call them and probably for all under $15 But then the supplys should last you a while unles you perform this daily.
I was excited to learn this effect i've performed it and it gets great reactions people taste the the water thats changed into mouthwash (Make sure its a nice flavour ) Hmm i think most people like a minty or pepperminty flavour thats something for us to find out.

So i really like this effect.

So thats the end. As you can see there is a large amount of material in here from Mentalism, Cards, Coins, Geek its great i cannot tell you how good this is
really pick it up check it out you will find at least 2 things in there your will perform.

Thats all for now thanks for copping through this.

Tom

Mar 12, 2009
Dude, the effects sound sooo awesome! I am gonna get it! Thanks for writing this review, it was really great. Thumbs up man! ;)

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
-Great Review!
-I have owned this effect for awhile and it contains some great effects in it.

-Whatever Sean releases is worth looking into.

Wow! Great review Mini Magician! I am so happy that you enjoyed the notes!

If you like my stuff, be sure to check out my site for more. I am planning a BUNCH of stuff VERY soon, so check the site often!

Sean

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
-Can't wait to see what you have in store for us Sean.
-Your stuff is always great and worth looking into.

Apr 7, 2009
i agree, i love sean's effects. i just hope his newest trick "SICK" isn't as boring as "saw" i think it would have been much better if he had some actual street performances. My biggest problem with that dvd was sean seemed like he could care less about teaching the method and was only out to make a quick buck. i love "geek magic" and my style is more suited towards bizarre and sean's effects are right up my alley but his teaching was horrible in that video. There were no pointers or things to watch out for while performing. My favorite part of saw is choke, which involves the lifesaver and at the beginning he says "there are ways to do this on the fly but for now we'll just show it this way." ????? Why would you not cover EVERY angle and answer all questions for people who are paying money to learn this. In my opinion, if you're not going to put the energy and time into teaching an effect to people who are supporting you by buying your videos, then you shouldn't put any out. With all respect to sean, i'll be buying sick when it comes out but if it turns out anything like saw i'll be sorely disappointed in him.

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
i agree, i love sean's effects. i just hope his newest trick "SICK" isn't as boring as "saw" i think it would have been much better if he had some actual street performances. My biggest problem with that dvd was sean seemed like he could care less about teaching the method and was only out to make a quick buck. i love "geek magic" and my style is more suited towards bizarre and sean's effects are right up my alley but his teaching was horrible in that video. There were no pointers or things to watch out for while performing. My favorite part of saw is choke, which involves the lifesaver and at the beginning he says "there are ways to do this on the fly but for now we'll just show it this way." ????? Why would you not cover EVERY angle and answer all questions for people who are paying money to learn this. In my opinion, if you're not going to put the energy and time into teaching an effect to people who are supporting you by buying your videos, then you shouldn't put any out. With all respect to sean, i'll be buying sick when it comes out but if it turns out anything like saw i'll be sorely disappointed in him.

I have a review on SICK he took time to film this there is one performance but the method is explained very well in depth here is my review.

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=15548&highlight=SICK

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results