Favourite Control?

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
i think controls r useless just use a pass

when u do to much movement it just makes the audience suspicious

HAHAHAHAHHAHAA

you should make this your signature. it's like you are advertising you know nothing about what a decent control is.

I would bet you that a well supported / executed cascade control looks 10 times more natural than any of your passes, especially when your hands are being burned by spectators.

Aug 29, 2008
Sorry for my ignorance, but I thought a pass was still a control, isn't it?

However. There are controls that are COMPLETELY invisible, much more than a pass.

Feb 1, 2009
Lee Asher's Losing Control deserves so much more recognition than it has, it's hands down the best control for real life situations, there's simply no competition.

I do think it's important that we choose a control that leaves the audience with right state of mind for the effect to follow. If you do a cut or a shuffle and the card appears on top, it's not as impossible as if they'd seen the card go in the middle and, with no other moves, it ends up on top. On the other hand, if the put the card in the middle and you don't bother to mix things up but simply look through and find the card, that's not impossible since you saw where the card went.

I know those aren't the best examples but you should understand what I mean. I get annoyed when someone uses a control that leaves the audience feeling like the effect isn't really impossible and, consequently, isn't really magic.

Dave
You're awesome. An example: a Stop trick. The deck needs to be shuffled, you're doing some psychology thingy. If you have it on top without shuffling, and they stop you early, then its the "card raising to a named location" thingy. Two different stuff.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results