Erdnase change voting open!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
To be honest I didn't like either, both could use improvement really.

Both have the big problem of: you guys know what showmanship is, it just goes out the window when you're performing the sleight. chris, your lead-up to the sliding motions looked nice, and I was ready for a nice Erdnase (for once), but it didn't happen. Soon as the sliding motion happened, hand became stiff as wood, then it turned into a sleight demonstration rather than a piece of magic. Keenan, along similar lines, it looked really wooden to start off with while you were doing the sliding, and then it looked nice after the moves were done.

Even if you have a look at the T11 1 on 1, the actual sliding is barely noticable. Certainly, there's no taped-fingers feel to it. Alternatively, look at Jon Racherbaumer's Card Finesse II for a great solution to wooden hands during sliding.

Aug 31, 2007
California
To be honest I didn't like either, both could use improvement really.

Both have the big problem of: you guys know what showmanship is, it just goes out the window when you're performing the sleight. chris, your lead-up to the sliding motions looked nice, and I was ready for a nice Erdnase (for once), but it didn't happen. Soon as the sliding motion happened, hand became stiff as wood, then it turned into a sleight demonstration rather than a piece of magic. Keenan, along similar lines, it looked really wooden to start off with while you were doing the sliding, and then it looked nice after the moves were done.

Even if you have a look at the T11 1 on 1, the actual sliding is barely noticable. Certainly, there's no taped-fingers feel to it. Alternatively, look at Jon Racherbaumer's Card Finesse II for a great solution to wooden hands during sliding.

Thanks for the comments, I do see what you mean.

Keenan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results