Downfall - Dan Hauss :: Review

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
[Review has been taken down]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 19, 2008
I like Dan Hauss. But this should not have been released like this. I want my money back. THis is one of the most impractical things i have EVER seen, and am very disapointed. I wanted to do this for the brick and there is no way one "gimmick" can pull this off. Plus once you have the gimmick you have to do it in a certian time and.......So hard to do without revealing oh wait it was ALREADY DONE on the mentalist. :mad: But i still like Dan.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008

Jan 19, 2008
-First of all, I think that this effect is great, because what the 'gimmick' can achieve.
-Second, you must experiment with different objects and timing to perform this effect.
-And third, what's this talk about the Mentalist and it being revealed there?

Did you get this for free? I can see why you "liked" it.

Where could you ever do this? Only when you have this item and only a certian time limit. From the start ou have something somewhere and talking to people and........so hard to explain without revealing. Think about this...a coffee cup. And the gimmick. Do these 2 ever go together? hmm.

On the mentalist the main actor set up this (exposing everything) and did it while at a card table. So downfall was revealed on The Mentalist.

I still respect Dan Hauss though. Just not this effect.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008

Jan 19, 2008
Um i also didnt like the "fixing" the table part. Stage solo act no way can this be done. Sure some events will have the gimmick but to get the situation right its rare. Also i dont think it is as common as you say...(well at least readably avalible for performing.

Jan 19, 2008
Well Papercrane refunded my money. Now thats customer service! I still think this effect is impractical and just not usable. All effects cant be good i guess...

Sep 5, 2007
I have an interesting thought... Matt Mello was at my house about a month ago, and we where talking about a very similar effect. He brainstormed a possible method, which we both thought was quite impractical. I won't mention that method here, as I don't know how close it is to what Dan is offering; but I'm very curious to see how similar the two ideas are.

D

Deleted member 2755

I have an interesting thought... Matt Mello was at my house about a month ago, and we where talking about a very similar effect. He brainstormed a possible method, which we both thought was quite impractical. I won't mention that method here, as I don't know how close it is to what Dan is offering; but I'm very curious to see how similar the two ideas are.

Interesting. I'm curious as well.

Anyway, in my opinion, this is very impractical. The miracle this can accomplish is obviously great. It is true that you do not have to be anywhere near the object. You could be in another room as advertised even. Despite this, I do think it is impractical and is not something that should had been released. Dan is awesome and I love his work. Downfall is an exception though. It is very impractical.

-Doug

Jv

Jan 11, 2008

Jv

Jan 11, 2008

D

Deleted member 2755

-I see what you mean Sinful. Downfall may be impractical at times, but sometimes there is that special "rare" moment that you can perform it.
-I think that it deserved a good score, because of the idea behind it, the gimmick, and how you don't need to be in the same room or don't need weights, threads....

If I was a strolling magician, when would I be able to perform this? Never. That makes it impracticable. Right now I am not, but it is still impracticable 95% of the time. Is it magical? Yup. Is it good for real world use? No. That is why it does not deserve a good score. It's like Mathieu Bich's TnR. Is it incredibly magical? You betcha. Is it good for real world use? No.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results